Creation Kit question from newbie modder

Hi,

Over a year ago, before Creation Kit was released i attempted to make my own mod but the directory setup was really sloppy. I managed to get my outfit into the game but i overwrote the files from an existing mod to do so. I had the Slooty Vault Suit mod installed and i just overwrote the files/info for that mod with my own. So in game i would use the console command to spawn a slooty suit but it was my outfit and my textures.

I want to avoid doing that this time around and i was wondering if Creation Kit can help with that? or if i have to do it manually outside of Creation Kit? Creation Kit is new to me and i havent looked into all of its features yet, so i dont know what all it can or cant do.

Thanks

Hi there!

If you want to create your own outfit you're best of duplicating an already existing one. When you say it was your outfit and textures do you mean as in a custom model or just custom textures, as for just custom textures you would duplicate the original outfit, say the tshirt and jeans, then do a material swap on the duplicate.

I hope that helps with your question!

-Huz

I'm going to be using my own custom 3d models and textures created with Blender/3dsm/Maya and GIMP. Creating the models/textures is not a problem, i had even managed to convert them into a format useable by the game. However setting up my mod so that it can easily be installed and removed from the game is what i needed help with. I dont want to make a duplicate of someone elses mod, or overwrite their mod info with my own. Basically all of those mods that are on Nexus that you download and then install? and then uninstall when you dont want it anymore? i want my mod to be just as easy to install and uninstall as those.