Visual glitch...vison distorted like flame ripples.

lazloarcadia

So I'm getting this weird glitch where my vision gets all distorted like I'm looking through flames or heat waves. This seems to be randomly occurring, however it is only doing so after I've played for a couple of days. It makes me wonder if this isn't some form of memory leak or something.

I'm running NAC and a zombie apocolypse mod, both of which I'm disabling and restarting a fresh game. Hopefully that will resolve the issue.

NOTE: I've noticed the glitch when attempting to run the starting BOS quest, and when attempting to go save Nick if that gives you any ideas how far i'm into the game. Probably 10 - 15 hours?

I've no idea how to post my mods / load order. If that would help, I'm happy to share if someone could offer me a link with instructions.

Anyone else experienced something similar?

Several months back, I had a similar issue where out of the blue, in-game my view was distorted (similar to how you described above) even when I wasn't in any areas with Rads/Rad Storms. Somestimes it'd happen whilst it was raining (just regular rain, nothing else) The way I fixed it was to switch off the Rad fx, and I also reset the NAC settings. I'm not sure what initially caused it to funk out like that, and it hasn't happened since.

Thanks for the feedback, from the sounds of things I'll likely just drop NAC and go back to TrueStorms w/ Darker Nights + West Tek goggles. That combo, while not as organic as NAC, did the job really well and I never had any issues with it.