[LE] Projectile Persistence and Scripted Removal

So I think I have a reasonable grasp on how projectile impale works; I've mostly just copied arrows, but I'm assuming the part that actually does the work is the Impact Result "stick" setting. But I have a few questions:

1. Why is "stick" used rather than "impale", what's the difference? The Creation Kit wiki doesn't go into any detail about the types unfortunately.
  2. What exactly controls the duration of impaled projectiles and decals applied to a character? Is it possible to change these for some effects but not others (e.g- tweak my own without changing behaviour for arrows). Specifcally can I have some impaled projectiles last longer than arrows, and other removed sooner?
  3. Have can I remove impaled projectiles via script? I know that Archery Gameplay Overhaul does this, but it doesn't include script sources. I'm particularly interested in knowing if it's possible to remove projectiles of only a specific type, for example if I made mine last forever to instead have a script remove them.

Thanks in advance for any help!

I'll keep up my usual trial and error to see what happens, but as you probably know it's not the quickest process to open CK, tweak, save, close, open Skyrim, load game and test, close and repeat!

Check out creationkit.com and try ClearExtraArrows() in a script. I use it in a spell and it have it set to clear all arrows shot into my character's body as I don't like having arrows/iceshards and such sticking out of you for hours figuring if you left the wound open like that for that time my character should be dead.

I'm pretty sure you can adjust what you clear the arrows from with that function, however I'm not sure if you can limit to only remove a certain type of arrow.