Goodsprings Tree Leaves

Hi. I just transferred my game from one computer to another computer... again.

Game seems to be working fine, but when I started a new game, I couldn't exit Doc Mitchell's house. The game just continued to load and load and load, switching background load screens and the little roulette wheel spinning, non-stop without end.

I loaded a save where I was at the Mojave Outpost and tried to Fast Travel to Goodsprings. Same endless loading.

So I loaded that save again and walked all the way from the Mojave Outpost to Goodsprings. And I was surprised by what I saw.

All the trees... and I mean the healthy trees that stood tall with visible roots, trunks, branches, and probably leaves... The leaves were replaced with what looked like rainbow crystal panels.

When I reached the exact center of town, my game froze.

I think the problem may be whatever is causing the tree leaves to be rainbow crystal panels.

Any idea what's wrong? I've been without my game for months. I want to play bad... Help a girl out? *pouts*

Hang on, I've got a screenshot.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b110/Cyberweasel89/2012-05-25_00051.jpg

It doesn't seem to be caused by any of my mods. I disabled all of them and it still does this. Rainbow crystal panel tree leaves and crashing in Goodsprings.

It doesn't seem to be caused by any of my mods. I disabled all of them and it still does this. Rainbow crystal panel tree leaves and crashing in Goodsprings.

To clarify, you disabled all of your mods and started a new game and it still crashes when you exit Doc Mitchell's house?

If so, I know this is the standard generic answer but verify the game cache in Steam to make sure none of the game files are somehow corrupted (make a backup of your .ini files if you modified them). Try using the normal Fallout launcher and only load New Vegas and none of the DLC.

I'm trying the FalloutNVLauncher right now. It says it's updating right now, and should take about an hour.

As for validating my files, I tried that. It said it found 22 missing files and would get them back. I tried validating files again, but it froze at 100%. Immediately after that, Fallout Mod Manager stopped working. It worked fine before, but then it gave me a "Oops, something bad happened" message, with the Crashdump.txt saying it couldn't find the directory, but offered no remedy for the situation. I looked it up and heard restarting my computer would help. So I did, and the message when trying to open FOMM reads that "FOMM has stopped working".

Have you by any chance installed the Nexus Mod Manager? My understanding is that it can break FOMM as it uses some of the same directories. Otherwise I would say try reinstalling FOMM or removing it completely and trying NMM. (I have no experience with NMM as I still use FOMM myself, but with FOMM no longer maintained NMM seems to be the way going forward.)