Lava is not lava

scarycave

I've been working on a dungeon, and one of the last few things left is the boss arena. I've got it set up, except....the lava. The lava never appears as lava. It still kills instantly which is kind of cool. (Haven't been to any lava areas in game so I don't know if it's annoying or not.) I've tried every water type with "Lava". I've even made my own lava that is not instant kill lava. I extracted the texture for lava and put it in the water folder, still nothing. :confused:

This is the Not-Insta Kill using the original texture.

Edited by scarycave

All you need to do is duplicate the OblivionLavaTest01 water type (change the EditorID and select "yes" when asked to create a new form), then change the Causes 50 Damage Per Second setting to something lower. Then select your new water type for your boss battle cell.

All you need to do is duplicate the OblivionLavaTest01 water type (change the EditorID and select "yes" when asked to create a new form), then change the Causes 50 Damage Per Second setting to something lower. Then select your new water type for your boss battle cell.

The damage is set to 1 per second and this is a duplicate of the Oblivion Lava, it's just not working visually. Maybe It's because I haven't been to Oblivion yet, I still haven't given the amulet to the priest guy. I'm using the lowest quality so could be a factor?