[WIP] Dagi Khajiit Race

nuska

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should make the female eyes bigger with a softer, rounder face. Look at picture of vary hairy people/apes/cat/yourself in the mirror to see how hair/fur flows over the face and body. [example. The hair on the chest/abdomen/crotch tends to flow inward with a slight ridge running from the collar to the crotch. The hair changes direction where the collar meets the shoulder. Hair tends to spread out and away from the back towards the front at a downward angle.] Hair tends to loosely follow the muscle pattern so, use anatomy chart for reference. You don't need to exagerate the body of the Dagi. For visual athetics, look for pics of well groomed horses.

This is regrettably still on hold as real-life responsibilities have taken priority, but I fully intend to release this mod before the end of the summer. :) I need to do some extra work on the CS side to iron out some more custom race issues and figure out why I get a CS crash and corruption when adding more tint masks.

Thank you all for supporting this and please be patient with me!

• 4 weeks later...

Next update (estimated mid-August) will bring the much requested body pattern alternatives.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/images/20627-1-1342609125.jpg

For now, these will simply be manually overwritable textures but I'm trying to figure out a way to make them swappable ingame without needing separate copies of the race for each.

I'll also be fixing a lot of the current texture issues (like whatever is going wrong with the feet) and further blending the neck seam. While the ESP-corrupting CK bug on adding patterns hasn't gone away, I'm extending the individual tinting sliders to have more comprehensive patterns, also filling out the missing ones.

Stability is also still something I'm actively monitoring. I haven't gotten any reports on crash issues since the most recent beta build but that could either mean they're not happening or people aren't reporting them. If it's the latter, please start screaming about them to me very loud, they cannot stay!

I'm also interested in getting in touch with more experienced CK-side modders. I very much want to make a Khajiit replacer out of the Dagi but with my hands completely full with graphics-side work I'm going to need a helping hand if it's ever to be released in the next year or so. Although I'm open to the idea of someone making it on their own, I would rather the replacer would be a fixed optional part of the Dagi mod so users wouldn't need to scour multiple sources for such a major thing.

If you feel like you'd be up for it, shoot me a line and we'll talk!

Edited by nuska

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/images/20627-1-1343480424.jpg

Next update is just around the corner now. I'm still working on the neck seams, but the current list of additions and fixes is:

*Body texture options as seen above

*New facegen morphs for more feline looks, both sexes - particularly better noses

*Fully fleshed-out body mod compatibility - separate install folders for UNP, CBBE and Better Males, with patterns for each

*General texture polish and seam removal

*New chargen presets

The installation process changes somewhat with the update as I've had to divide the mod into several steps to fit each custom body. I cannot emphasize enough how important it is to read the README and follow the instructions once this goes live. (which should be soon!)