Steam and disk?

Mrfallout5000

Tip what i do with Skyrima and any big game, i make a back up the old fasion way, on a external drive or something. Once i deleted the game from steam, i dump all of the data from the external drive to steam commons skyrim, and let it download from there, it would take 5m to download the appropriate files and so on. Just make sure its cached properly.

It'll skip the files that are already on your drive and continue download the missing files if there is any. :teehee:

tip of the day.

If your like me and sometimes mess up Skyrim or any other game for that matter that relies on steam.

Also i prefer disks, bought the collectors edition when it came out.

Edited by Thor.

Here is another observation: in south africa skyrim is R700 in a retail store, whereas it is $60(?) on steam. 6x7=42x10= R420.

Do you see the difference between what i pay in a retail store and what i pay on steam.

just an observation : M&B Warband is 20E on Steam, 20$ on TalesWorld site. Not always is Steam cheaper.

Nobody said it was ALWAYS cheaper at Steam. It is usually the case when they have mid-week or weekend sales, when the price drops down considerably. That's how I buy my games, actually, by waiting for good bargains. I prefer Steam because I have all of my games in one place, without taking up physical space. That, and the fact that I can install any of them with only a few clicks, and booting them up easilly too. Opinions may vary, so it's down to personal preference. If you don't mind not having the disk (with exceptions such as Skyrim and New Vegas and have a good internet connection, I'd say go for Steam :)

Edited by Yoshh

Wait so what your saying is you can only play fallout new vegas and skyrim on a disk you cant download it through steam, Is that right?

Not at all. It's actually the other way around. You can buy the disk, but you need Steam to play them. Those are the only two I can remember working like that. There might be more.

Edited by Yoshh

Here is another observation: in south africa skyrim is R700 in a retail store, whereas it is $60(?) on steam. 6x7=42x10= R420.

Do you see the difference between what i pay in a retail store and what i pay on steam.

I'm sorry. I live in SA, and show me where Skyrim costs R700 in a retail store, please. I don't think even the console version costs that much.

If you want to lie, at least do it somewhere where there aren't fellow South Africans who can point out your lies.

And there was that offer when Napoleonic Wars was launched, 7.50 USD for all three Mount and Blade, Warband and With Fire and Sword. Funnily enough, the DLC was priced 10 USD, so all three games costed less that a single DLC for Warband :P