help needed: the darn thing is broken

for some reason it says that i'm missing a bunch of .dll files (whatever those are) whenever i try to open creation kit. i have redownload creation kit, beth launcher, steam, and fallout 4 several times with no change. any help or advice would be greatly appreciated as editing, tweaking, making mods in fo4edit has become rather tedious and time consuming.

Maybe you should note which exact DLLs are missing. Even if you get the CK to start without them, it will likely just crash upon all sorts of operations.

DLLs are binary executable files that get loaded by other programs to provide pre-made functions that the other program relies on. They're critically important for various things. DirectX includes numerous DLLs for example.

yes all of those files are present in the fallout 4 folder. iv even tried copying them into the creation kit folder and it still says it can't find them. i've even re downloaded those files separately. i looked up the files on google when you explained what they were yesterday and realized that i had them, just creation kit won't read them for some reason. fallout 4 runs fine, so the files are present and working, since if they weren't i know the game would be broken.

Reminds me of a funny quirk with FO4Edit: it won't load if there are any BSA's from mods present in your data folder next to the BA2's it expects. Maybe it could be a similarly weird issue; not registering the right files due to presence of foreign files. But yeah, that's just a far flung hunch but maybe worth making sure the install folder is as 'vanilla' as you can make it.