Creating Interrior Settlements

Does anyone know if there are any tutorials out there describing how to build interior settlements? I have watched several tutorials describing how to build exterior settlements (and have tried them to build my interior settlements) but understand that there are more steps needed to link the interior cell to the exterior cell to allow it to function properly. They only tutorial I could find about creating interior settlements (U-Tube) just shows how to build an interior player home; meaning that it is not an actual interior settlement where you can recruit and assign settlers. I am new to the creation kit but I have a decent understanding on how to build exterior settlements with the help of the videos.

Basement Living is not an interior settlement mod, it is a interior player home mod. I have already accomplished adding a fully functional workshop within my interior cell (player home), I just need help turning it into a fully functional settlement. Thanks for your suggestion.

Ah you mean how you make it so that you can establish a supply line there, for example, right?

If you have DLCs, both Vault-Tec Workshop and Automatron add fully functional interior settlements. I'd try with Automatron first because the Vault settlement is "special" in some ways.

Here's the tutorial I followed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldDzigAiV3Y It shows you how to create a buildable interior like Home Plate. I don't think it lets you establish supply lines, but I think you can do that by adding the LocTypeSettlement (or similar, I don't have the CK open to check) keyword to your custom Location.

And here are the notes I took in plaintext format, so you don't have to keep replaying the video over and over. I'd still recommend watching the video all the way through first, then referring back to the notes once you have the basic idea in your head.

1) Create a new Location
- Give it the keywords 'LocTypeClearable' and 'LocTypeInteriorCell'

2) Make a new empty cell

3) Create duplicates of all the Static building pieces you will use
- Give them the Actor Values 'WorkshopStackableItem' with a value of '1' and 'WorkshopItemOverlap' with a value of '8'
* This prevents items you make in the workshop from falling through the floor

4) Build your cell

5) Create a duplicate of any WorkshopResourceContainer and add it to the cell

6) Add a WorkshopWorkbenchInterior to the cell
- Go to the 'Scripts' tab
- Set 'OwnedByPlayer' to True
- Set 'EnableAutomaticPlayerOwnership' to False
- Set 'MinRecruitmentAllowRandomAfterPlayerOwned' to False
- Set 'AllowAttacksBeforeOwned' to False
- Go to the 'Linked Ref' tab
- Link the Workbench to the Resource Container with the keyword 'WorkshopLinkContainer'

7) Add a 'DefaultEmptyTrigger' and resize it to match the size of the cell
- Link the Trigger to the Workbench with the keyword 'WorkshopLinkedPrimitive'

:cool: Double-click on the Workbench and go to the 'Linked Ref' tab
- Link it to the Trigger with the keyword 'WorkshopLinkSandbox'

9) To power the cell, add a WorkshopPowerInteriorFuseboxNoEdit
- Link the Fusebox to the Workbench with the keyword 'WorkshopItemKeyword'

Edited by user826

I *think* you need a quest to make it an actual settlement.

The important part is that it gets registered with WorkshopParent and recieves a WorkshopID. Though not sure how to actually do that...

I used the tutorial by M0ds1984 to create my interior settlement; of course his mod is for creation of an exterior settlement but it gets me started. I have my workshop and its associated items all linked properly. I have my Location, Quest and Encounter Zone set up as well. I am assuming by the research i have done that I need to tweek my Location and Quest? Thanks for the suggestions everyone...I will continue to advance.