Creation Kit Newbie Question

Vanguardascendant

It's not dumb question at all..I would like to know myself.

Well maybe if you load all mods (not set them active) it will load game as it is. I will try and I'll get back to you. I assume if I load mod "Scrap everything" that will load game (space) with scrapped objects, but I'm not sure.

That I know :D Well if you want to see your modded location then you need to check your mod with Fallout4 master...if you want to work on that mod then you set it active.

When you set mod as active file, then everything new will be in that mod when you save it. For an example, you opened CK with default settings with no mods, then you put statue in Sanctuary and save it...you have new mod. Next time if you load that mod in CK as active file and create buildings in Castle for example, that mod will have both, Castle buildings and Sanctuary statue.

I think that best way to learn CK is to find tutorials on YT, you have a lot of tutorials there and be patient, don't skip anything because you can always learn some new trick that will help you later. Don't forget to find Navmesh tutorial because navmesh is important for any visual mod.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but how do I load a world setting from a particular save game in the Creation Kit? It looks like everything I load is based on the start-game setting.

Short answer: you don't. CK doesn't read save files and has nothing to do with them.