intolerance of intolerance. Is it going anywhere and where will it lea

kvnchrist

Some people are smarter than others, better looking than others, can run faster than others, are richer or poorer than others, etc. Who I get along with depends mostly on personality traits. Most people are competitive in nature and don't mind being different or compared to others in some way. We aren't all the same, each person is an individual. Even genetically we are different. The very best humanity will be able to do is admit our differences and do the best we can to get along with one another. Expecting much more than that and you risk being naive. I'm intolerant of people who have personality traits I don't get along with.

People I get along with are Loyal, honest, won't BS you around, and will tell you what they think, and not necessarily what you want to hear. Others might see someone like that as being mean, or offensive in some way. But I tend to get along with people like that better even if I don't see eye to eye with them. Because I can sit down and communicate with them on a genuine level, and everything stays real. I have friends who I disagree with greatly politically, but get along with because their personality holds true to the characteristics I described above.

I feel like some people are trying to over think society's problems, and should be more concerned about their actions, views and behavior than trying to changes somebody else's. There is no easy fix for the complex differences in socioeconomic, cultural, religious, and personality differences between humans. And there will always be wars, conflicts, and struggles based on these reasons.

Edited by Beriallord

All these responses have merit. My one question is that with so much agreement that such things are B.S. why the hell can the politicians and political activists get away with using it to divide us and why are we letting them, in the first place.

The reason we tolerate letting those in power use it to divide and conquer, is that we find it so much easier to compartmentalize people into groups whom we then can think in our own minds "say this or that", or "think this or that", never having to see each individual as a unique being with their own beliefs, some of which may match a grouping we compartmentalize them into.