Armour model change

eleglas

So I've got this great looking armour, but it's Light armour and I have a Warrior character, so I want to know how to change this light armour to Massive. I know how to do this in DA2, however I'm not very good at modding Origins, in fact this is probably the most I've done.

I was thinking there's an item property which I could change, but I can't seem to find that, so I guess I'm wrong. I also thought about making my own item uti which uses that model, but that turned out to be much harder than I anticipated.

Does anyone else know how to do this?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

You were on the right path. You have to edit or create new item to serve as a replacer. You can do this easily in toolset. Your problem might be item variation field. When you choose light armor in base item type field you will probably find armor model you are looking for in item variation field, but you wont find that same model if you choose massive armor in base item type field.

In order to add new item variation for massive armor you will have to make new item_variation_xxx.gda file.

GDA also called 2da (2 dimensional array) files, although the name sounds scary are just simple tables made in excel and converted with excelprocessor.exe . You have all you need if you installed toolset and have it running.

Steps you should make:

1.find ItemVariations.xls in Dragon Age\tools\Source\2DA\rules and open it in excel (DO NOT SAVE ANY CHANGES IN THIS FILE!)

2.find armor_massive_variation sheet and copy first 4 rows (everything from A to H)

3. make new file in excel and paste everything there. rename sheet to armor_massive_variation_f ( _ means it adds something new)

4. change label from "massive armor a" to "massive armor f" , change ID to something higher then 10

5. change model subtype to whatever is the filename of model you want to choose for your armor(example if you like light armor that has filename "arm_lightsuperultracool_a.msh then you will put lightsuperultracool as model subtype.

6.Save this file as whatever you want.

7.Drop this file in excelprocessor.exe to create gda file (name of the gda will be same as sheet name)

8. drop this new gda file in override folder where all your other mods are installed

9.restart toolset and now you should be able to see your new armor from dropdown in item variations of massive armors.

(If it didnt work try to repeat steps 2-9 but try to put higher number for id)

10. Now you can edit existing item or create new item and use your item variation (model).