Requesting help troubleshooting some mods and general advice

dtmwerks

The pictorial guide told me to turn on "auto ghost" in the mods tab. Would that do it?

edit: turning off auto ghost allows boss to work again. This is page 3 of the pictorial guide, the pic has auto ghost turned on and this page is about "check your settings are as recommended above" so I did.

What version of Wrye Bash are you running? (it says the version up on the title bar at the top of the program)

The pictorial guide told me to turn on "auto ghost" in the mods tab. Would that do it?

edit: turning off auto ghost allows boss to work again. This is page 3 of the pictorial guide, the pic has auto ghost turned on and this page is about "check your settings are as recommended above" so I did.

What version of Wrye Bash are you running? (it says the version up on the title bar at the top of the program)

Wyre Bash 296(standalone), CBash v0.6.0: default [sI]

Got it from nexusmods.

edit: the pictorial guide is for 295.5...is that a problem? Also got from nexusmods..

I also managed to uncheck everything in the "mods" tab, not sure if that matters,

Edited by dtmwerks

Oh, I see the problem. 296 had a bug involving Auto-Ghost. Upgrade to 298, that'll fix that problem.

Oh ok. Can I just dl the top link here?

http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/22368

I only have standalone 296 as I think someone told me I don't need python. Should I just get the "Wrye Bash 298 Standalone version." Do I need to uninstall 296?

edit 2: ok I dled 298 without any problems. thanks!

Edited by dtmwerks

LOL. Ok. Pictorial guide for 295.5 will still be sufficient?

Yeah, the basic functions haven't changed (other than the addition of the WizBAIN editor on the Installer's tab, but you can safely ignore it anyway). Do read the readme, however. The new version of the documentation is quite thorough and easy to understand.