Any "lore-fixing" mods?

RowanSkie

You know how Fallout 4's lore is just a messy slop of weird retcons and bad lore. Anyone know any mods that tries to "repair" the lore? Like this mod:

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/12019/

And also this PA mod:

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/10481/

Anything familiar to them?

Oh lol, I didn't even know mods like this exist.

Removes all instances/mention of Jet from Vault 95, and by extension Vault-Tec Regional HQ (as of v1.12)

Jet is the least problem imo. You could say something like: yeah it existed pre-war, but some guy post-war figured out how to replicate it using brahmin dung. What bugs me more is when you find post-war items in pre-war containers and locations. Like Mutfruit in a dead pre-war worker's lunchbox, or raider armor in an airplane passenger's baggage.

Adds a "Synth Component" to the inventory of Billy, Carol Peabody, Matt Peabody and Bullet to better justify Kid in a Fridge (as of 1.15)

Dunno if this is such a good solution. I think what besthesda was trying was establishing that ghouls can enter a form of suspended animation.

The question is: has this been implied before, or is it a F4 invention?

If it's the latter, I guess ghouls in some sealed pre-war locations should be removed, too...

If not, I don't know. Add a paper note somewhere telling about ghoul hibernation.

Removes all instances/mention of Jet from Vault 95, and by extension Vault-Tec Regional HQ (as of v1.12)

Jet is the least problem imo. You could say something like: yeah it existed pre-war, but some guy post-war figured out how to replicate it using brahmin dung. What bugs me more is when you find post-war items in pre-war containers and locations. Like Mutfruit in a dead pre-war worker's lunchbox, or raider armor in an airplane passenger's baggage.

Adds a "Synth Component" to the inventory of Billy, Carol Peabody, Matt Peabody and Bullet to better justify Kid in a Fridge (as of 1.15)

Dunno if this is such a good solution. I think what besthesda was trying was establishing that ghouls can enter a form of suspended animation.

The question is: has this been implied before, or is it a F4 invention?

If it's the latter, I guess ghouls in some sealed pre-war locations should be removed, too...

If not, I don't know. Add a paper note somewhere telling about ghoul hibernation.

Well, that's why I want to find the similar mods. So the fixes can be compiled. Or probably downloaded.

Also, it's a Fallout 4 thing, the ghouls. Unless of course, those sealed pre-war locations had enough food for them, and they just ate each other until the population was killed to death by the Sole Survivor/other people.

Well, in my Teleporter Mod, I added a sentence about cryptobiosis in a scientist's note, as a weak attempt to have an explanation.

But it's not a pure lore-fixing mod, so I don't think this counts.

If you want a more in-depth explanation/rationalisation: Ghouls enter anoxybiosis in these sealed-off places. Basically stopping all biological processes because no oxygen, but don't decay because radiation has killed all the microorganisms. And their cells don't dehydrate or fall apart because reasons. It works for the Tardigrades, too!

Or, their cells stay alive, but the energy their cells can generate* without oxygen is not enough to fully power up the brain and muscles. This would probably lead to brain damage, but well, they are feral! Except Billy again. He probably just got lucky.

__

* You could say they actually have a form of radiosynthesis, similar to that one mold which evolved in RL Chernobyl. I think this is somewhat close to what Bethesda implied at some points. Glowing ones can raise dead ghouls using radiation bursts, for example.

Another thing are the fusion cores. Power Armor is supposed to run forever.

I think I've seen several mods which make fusion cores never run out. These would probably qualify for your list. Google gives me this, but I never tried it: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/342/?

I proposed an alternative to this a long time ago, but I don't think it's possible.