suggestion

chief32

It enables us to budget our bandwidth expenditure so that our expenses/costs are not astronomical. Most bandwidth contracts are done on a 95th percentile basis, thus having a max speed on most users reduces our costs significantly. It also allows us to scale based on the number of users we have, which is much easier to account and budget for, rather than the connection speeds of our users.

That makes no sense.

Are you actually experiencing an issue that prevents the download from finishing, or are you simply complaining that it takes too long and you can't be patient enough to wait for the download to finish?

I like this site alot, because of the mods on it, the only reason i came here was because of someone ff9 mods that he used to put on a free download site a few months ago which he can't do now for some unknown reason

Edited by chief32

I'm not 100% sure on this , but I believe that if you download mods via a mod manager (like NMM or MO2) and for some reason your download stops (power outage , a connection error etc) , you should be able to resume the download once the error is fixed . so in such a case , you should be able to download mods even if you have such outages

not sure you can do that with all games , as not all games have downloads with a mod manager

but honestly , if you have such severe issues with power outages that a 1MBps download is insufficient , I wonder how can you actually play games properly?

I mean , doesn't it meant that your systems are crashing that often , meaning that you can't properly play games?