Too many items in a cell?

xeightballx

I see now, I had time to test it out after my last post.

Is that new to Skyrim? I could have sworn that worked in Fallout.

<- *places foot directly in mouth*

Edited by Ez0n3

@Tambo: so you're saying that if i add an entrance to my dungeon in a existing cell it isn't considered as "altered"?

You haven't changed anything in the existing cell, so technically, you haven't altered anything, you've merely added. The layout is still the same.

The problem comes, when you want to navmesh. To get the entrance to work properly, you have to alter/change the existing navmesh slightly. This navmesh is part of the original cell, so changing it, alters the existing cell. Of course, you don't need to touch the navmesh, but only you, will be able to use the entrance.

The good news is that the navmesh bug seems to be fixed with the latest beta update (I've tried it myself), so any changes to the navmesh, can be done on an esp that is mastered to Skyrim.esm and YourMod.esm.

...Is that new to Skyrim? I could have sworn that worked in Fallout...

I think it probably worked for Fallout. From what I've read (didn't mod Fallout), You could create esp/esm with ONAM lists. I don't know too much about these ONAM lists, but from what I can tell, it is a the type of command that lets you change the data in one esm, from another esm.

Your Update.esm contains these ONAM lists and that's why it is able to make changes to Skyrim.esm.

Edited by Tamb0

I'm going to have to read up on the ONAM lists.

So to connect a custom world that resides in a master file, the entire tie-in to Skyrim could be in place (doors, statics, etc), but the navmesh re-finalization would have to reside in an esp? So SomeMod.esm has everything but the Tamriel navmesh edit and the SomeMod.esp would only have the Tamriel navmesh edit?

hey guys - thanks for the replies, been a while since I've had a chance to look at this

- I'll try the idea that Tamb0 had, and see if it fixes the issue when I get a chance. I have a feeling it will work.

I'll update as soon as I get it fixed, or tested.

I'll explain it a bit better, now I've got time.

Your exterior door links to an interior door. What you must do is duplicate the interior door and move the original door out of sight (outside visible area).

Create an empty cell. Put another door in your empty cell and below it, place a large floor area. The floor area will be deleted when you finish. It's only purpose is to lay a navmesh on top. Link the door that you have just created, to the duplicate door in your interior cell.

Both your cells will have door markers, but the interior cell will have 2 at the door (the original and the new). Just seperate them so that they have their own triangle of navmesh to sit on, which will turn green when finalised.

Go back to your empty cell and navmesh the floor with the door sitting in the middle of the floor and finalize. Delete the floor. Create a large, flat, self activate trigger and place it below the navmesh in the empty cell. Link the trigger to a teleport script. Place a xmarker heading outside the door in the exterior worldspace and point the teleport script to use this as a reference.

Finalize interior navmesh and your good to go.

If still unsure, you can look how I done it -

Mod with teleport

You'll need Version 1 and then overwrite some files with the version 2 update. Empty cell is named teleportcell (I think) which is in TowerInterior.esp. I had the same problem with this mod, but it's fixed in the version 2 update.

This is quite big. There may be other small mods out there that use the same tecnique.

nice. That's exactly what I was looking for. Seems to work the same as the "workaround" I have for my mod - ie. load another cell first when exiting. Except your way cleans it up more, and there isn't an extra door you have to open.

Thanks for the help!