Newbie to Mod Questions/Help plz v_v

dymon583

A common problem is starting off with a complicated mod. Start simple! find a mod that does not require anything else to work. such as a simple single weapon mod. install it, and test to be sure it works before moving on to something a little more complicated.

Also Many mods require the latest patch - they will not work without it and your game may crash.

Other mods require OBSE to work. And still others have different requirements - always read any read me on a mod before trying to install it.

I have a set of help files for people who are not computer geeks and are new to mods. They include downloading, extracting (unzipping) installing and activating mods. I have included a simple mod to practice on and instructions for installing and using 7-zip. If you are interested, click on the highlighted link below to be taken to the site where they are kept. I recommend starting with #1 and working your way through them.

http://s1.zetaboards.com/TheStormRavenLibrary/forum/256092/

If you use them I would appreciate some feedback as to what needs improvement and what works for you.

As for the black eyes Most eye problems are related to having too many 'beauty' type mods installed. Each one wants to control how the eyes look and you get something strange. black eyes, no eyes, googly eyes, strange color etc. Look for mods such as 'beautiful people' and any custom race mod. disable all of them and see if you get the vanilla eyes back. Then reinstall the mods one at a time until you find the one that is causing the problem.

Beautiful People was one of the early mods that changed eyes, and many of the later mods used a different technique causing a conflict resulting in strange eyes. Some race mods change the eyes while others do not.

Is there any way someone could possibly just tell me which mods are required to be installed along side Karla so I can get her working? Like I had said before, I didn't choose the mod, my fiancee did. Once I said "Hey...that's right, this game has things you can change, like your looks!" she was all over me and my PC as I was browsing TESNexus, and has specifically chosen this mod.

Also, I noticed in the management software I downloaded--OBMM--that the required datafiles it lists (I forget the name of the button) is huge in comparison to what it claims to need, and there's even a reference line to a separate hard drive...

[Edit]

Oh and in case I didn't state it, I have fully patched her game with the official patch from the site (the patch for the basic version of Oblivion...No expansions {KotN or TSI}) as well as the unofficial patch that fixes some bugs. I've re-read your post a hundred times so far looking for some sort of hidden clue to help me with this problem, but alas I have found none.

Again, I have followed the readme file to a "t" and various online instructions as well. The ONLY step skipped was the installation of the CS (regarding These Instructions ) out of everything I've found.

If, like you said:

A common problem is starting off with a complicated mod. Start simple! find a mod that does not require anything else to work. such as a simple single weapon mod. install it, and test to be sure it works before moving on to something a little more complicated.

this is a dependent mod, it would be really handy if someone had a list of the dependencies I needed to download and activate (and possibly a load-order for OBMM) to get this to work properly.

As said before, I've been through the data file in OBMM and have seen various files that I am 99% positive that are not included in the mod's compressed file download, which has an itch in the back of my brain that there MAY be some dependencies. But not all searches on TESNexus have provided me with results, or have provided me with NUMEROUS results and I am not sure of which "mod" was being used as a source. Also, it should be noted that the data file also referenced a file on the E:\ drive which I do not have setup >.> ...and there are also some reverse "/" slashes, which I assume means an inactive line of script.

Any help on what to do to get this to work, would probably net me some brownie points and make you guys my favourites (not that I need them, but hey, never hurts)!