Renaming NPCs

Henrydylan

I didn't mean to come off as rude...

It's just the easiest way I can think of to accomplish this.

Open skyrim.esm in CK.

Type HousecarlWhiterun in the filter

Navigate to Actors>Actors

Once you find Lydia with the ID HousecarlWhiterun.

Double click, the actor info should come up.

Proceed to renaming Lydia to whatever you like(Don't change the ID in this case)

Save your new ESP to your data folder.

Activate it.

You should see the changes in-game.

You don't need experience as a modder to do this.

Edit: Now that I think of it. It would be easier to download the NPC Editor: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=4554

That should save you a lot of time.

Edited by Rinobi

Hi Rinobi, thankyou for your kind advice. I downloaded the CK last night. I will give it a go, thankyou.

I think I got hold of the wrong end of the stick, I read your Sig "Open your eyes" and mistakenly thought it was directed at me. My deepest apologies.

Edit.

Just done it with the CK. Brilliant, thanks for all your help. Sorry for before.

Edited by Henrydylan

Nice to see you have managed to change their names! You picked one of the most simplest functions you can do in the CK, i don't see why people think creating 'mods' will be a daunting task, your only changing a name how hard can it be to do! :O

However at this time the CK is very buggy, if you encounter NPCs with dark faces you have come across one of the most annoying ones and will need to follow this to fix it- Clicky this tends to happen when you open up the NPC window and edit.

Edited by GoodfellowGoodspring

• 4 years later...