Old World Blues Expanded

devinpatterson

I'm not sure what you are referring to with the sunset mod. but I'm game - send me a link to what you're talking about. Like I said, I'm just throwing out some ideas that I hope stick. I would still really like to see the PC running across BigMT while evading flying drones that are attacking you.

Drones are no problem, what would you think about a brain bot version of an eyebot. Might as well do something with all the brains taken from the lobotomites (or maybe they just take a piece). Or are you completely sold on the saucer angle. OWB is a crazy place and I guess you could really make a case for anything....and it'd be an easy job (the saucer is already made). Maybe make the saucer a companion? I'm sure there's some strange back story there that cold work.

But I think the brain eyebots would be a better fit as villains. Arm them with an advanced mesmetron like the robobrains have (same visual effect as the lakelurk kings-cool effect), that not only cripples the head but does some damage. Send them loose in swarms (well as much as the game engine can handle comfortably), that are strictly the province of the evil think tank's experiment......that could be interesting.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm good with the brain-eyebot, but should make them higher (for this sequence at least three times higher than a typical eyebot) and more... armored I guess?

Cool, I already have a early concept using the central globe of the think tanks. I think it could be a very interesting model.

Here is the link to the Sunset Sarsaparilla Wild West Amusement Park. It links to the last post, the one I'm actively working on (nuka plant/factory), but really any input/ideas for any part of the mod will just make it a richer experience.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really liking what I'm seeing here..and agree that OWB could use some reasons to go back and some expansion (even though it is the most fun of all the NV DLCs).

The idea that really sparks my interest heavily here is the idea of restoring some of the facilities and helping with exotic research of each of the Think-Tank/ Mobius (with nice rewards for it of course..like the prototype or the plans to make them yourself) here's some ideas for the "helping with research":

1.) Aiding Borous in gathering samples of several creatures (inside and outside Big MT) to develop a "Super Soldier Serum"! It could in fact work like he hopes toughening and strengthening the recipient (you being the test subject as the only human they have at hand) adding +2 to strength and +3 to DT -or- it could end up being a superchem giving those boosts for a short time but after it wears off you are exhausted (drained of AP and getting a huge chunk of need for rest in Hardcore).

2.) Help 0 by recovering various components from robots and turrets inside and outside Big MT to develop either a AI robot companion -or- an incredible anti-robot/power armor weapon that fires a large area EMP doing high damage to robots/power armor wearers. (not recommended if you wear power armor)

3.) Help 8 repair his voice module and gather the pieces to create a sonic rifle/cannon that can be tuned to different effects just as the sonic handgun can.

4.) Dala needs help with a brave new experiment: She wants to be a mother! Help her gather orphans of the wastes to turn Higgs Village into a town of children -or- help gather samples of her dna from her house and procure a second sample (either your own or of anything/anyone else, like a sample found in one of the others houses) and help her grow herself a child. Alternatively: Dala wants a body! Or more accurately a specialized remote ( an android body capable of the good things about being alive but avoiding the annoyances) that her mind can control. Help her gather the necessary bits to make it and the special additions her brainbot will need. As a reward she gives you a specialized medical treatment: Faster health regen, water breathing, enhanced reflexes (higher AP), higher rad resistance, higher poison resistance.

5.) Klein has an idea! For it's execution he needs you to gather him different armors and weapons from the Mojave and Big MT, using them he designs a special suit of power armor made just for you (that doesn't require power armor training, or he gives you that training)! This armor is an advanced variation on the stealth suit from Big MT, with some very special features; autohacking! (based on your science skill still but will hack the comp if your skill is high enough), energy ammo recharge! (turns any drained energy ammo in your inventory slowly into regular ammo of it's type), as well as the normal effects of power armor (rad resist, strength enhance)

6.) Mobius wants some new toys! Help Mobius by bringing him data on many of the beasts of the wastes so he might make wonderful robot versions! If you do he gives you plans for some of his other creations (some of which gathering things for would be a quest all it's own): The Brainwobbler! (a weapon that knocks it's victims out), Doc Auto! (a medical bot follower), The Mobiusmobile! (an odd mobile minihome vehicle, possible only able to travel by being a different type of fast travel, get in grab the wheel and up pops the map), the Omnigun! (a gun that can use any type of bullet, might not be doable but I'd love to see it attempted).