Old World Blues Expanded

devinpatterson

When should the V2 come out?

I think it could be finished in two evenings, if I'm not working on my projects or doing requests. So maybe next weekend, if you don't mind the navmesh errors. I have to finish up a portion that deals with tranq'n gabe (so the player has the option not to kill him) and will result in the player having the opportunity to acquire a valence for both Rex and Ed-E.

I'd really recommend waiting, since it doubles the content and it's a relatively small mod (just the z-38 facility so far).

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just curious if there's any updates to progress!? I'm looking forward to this, and would totally be a voice actor. Have you considered an implant that heals your limbs over time too? That'd be a neat idea... Kinda like the mojave implant, but cheaper, and as i said, over time, it heals your limb health. Yeah, doctors bags can be found easily, but it'd be a neat little thing to have, if say you haven't done dead money!

Just curious if there's any updates to progress!?

Sorry, everything is on hold at the moment, while I try to juggle some RL stuff. The only stuff I'm working on is collaborations (because it's not fair to have other mod authors wait on me). I think (hope) I'll be back to a normal schedule in a week or two.

• 4 weeks later...

I am pretty much the same as you, Not much history with the fo1 or fo2 but I was looking for a mod that expanded old world blues and I just found it!

What I was hoping for in a old world blues mod (btw I haven't installed the mod yet) was an option to work with dr mobius and the think tank to create a super power weapon or armour, A sort of bushiness side to it sort of like the "Run the lucky 38" mod but with a twist of some kind.

I could go on for ages but these where to two big things that stood out for me,

P.S. The description of the mod could be more organised

What I was hoping for in a old world blues mod (btw I haven't installed the mod yet) was an option to work with dr mobius and the think tank to create a super power weapon or armour, A sort of bushiness side to it sort of like the "Run the lucky 38" mod but with a twist of some kind.

Sure write up a little proposal with a little more detail and we'll see what we can work in for you.

Thanks, most mod creators wouldn't be so enthusiastic to hear suggestions but I'm not complaining.

1. Working with Mobius: As you progress through the game you have an option to kill Dr. Mobius, If you choose not to and finish the game without killing any of the think tank you return to Mobius and there is a new option "Obviously you have not finished all your researched developments, Tell me about one" And he will go on about how he once thought up of a upgrade for the stealth suit 1.2, An invisibility clocking device. This may or may not turn into a quest and you will need to gather resources from all around Big mt. Once you return with the items he will again say there was another upgrade he thought of, A improved shielding system, after again collecting resources he will upgrade it with an extra DT boost. As for the weapons you would cancell the infinite loop from the think tank and they will burst with ideas, Once of the dr's will suggest a energy weapon that used anti-matter explosions, After completing a complex and mind challenging quest with maybe a few "Science" or "Repair" checks you will gain a anti-matter cannon, and maybe with a advanced unique version called "Gobble gut" or something crazy.

2. Business is blue: Once completing old world blues (In any way) On your return to the Mojave drive in you will be greeted by an Enclave soldier asking you to allow them into the world for technology, research and for a new base. He will walk away and you will also be greeted by a Brotherhood Paladin, He will ask you the same offer. In return the Enclave will give you access the the new research (Weapon mods or power armour upgrades) and the Brotherhood will give you their most powerful armour they ever created and will seize all technology and use it to their advantage in later battles. A third option will come up allowing you to try reclaim the area and use it to your advantage, A couple ways of doing this; 1. Let the brotherhood and the enclave in Big Mt. and they will battle it out for ownership (Because they cant enter at the same time the first faction you allow in will win) the surviving faction will try kill you. 2. Dont let either of them in and take it by yourself which will result in both factions disliking you and trying to raid your establishment and may be killed with built defences.

After you have done the owning it your own path you get the option to start a functional base in a selected area. It will cost (not caps) but scrap mettle to build, which caps can be recycled to make it. You will be able to make water and ship it to the Mojave to make a profit, and create energy and lots of other things for a overall cap profit, Eventually you will be able to create your own research centre and mix and match parts to create new weapons and armour.

3. Seeing blue (Far fetched) : After discovering a certain thing Dr. Mobius will visit you, he will say that that discovery should not be seen by a human eye, but by alien. He will explain that it is a super fuel that could exit our solar system and visit many others in the blink of an eye. Two options, Make a weapon from the super fuel or try to send it out of orbit. When launching into space the ship will crash land on a alien mothership and you will have to kill or reason with the aliens, doing this will allow you to access their space ship and the advanced technology and use it to open a secret door in Big Mt. with a key that the alien leader has on him, Opening this will hold mysteries of Big Mt. Never before seen or thought of.

I hope you enjoy this, and maybe use some of it in this mod

Edited by Veuth

Bty is there any progress. It would be awesome if it updated to V.2 soon. I just got the world of pain mod and im in nees of some real armour and firepower

I'm afraid it will be on hold until after the new year. BTW some interesting ideas you'v proposed, I apologize I havn't had time yet to respond to them in detail.

• 1 month later...