Skyrim lag after certain amount of saves

leocruznt

Hello nexus community,

I've been playing Skyrim for the past month, 4~ hours a day and recently I achieved 2000 saves(I like to save a lot, I'm cautious) and all of a sudden my game started to lag ocasionally and it also takes longer to save, but that could be forgiven if it wasn't for the lag. It lags every 45 seconds or so and it happens no matter what I do, it happens when I fight, it happens when I'm standing somewhere, it happens when I'm talking to NPCs, it's really annoying... so, now that you know what my problem is I would like to state a few things:

Nothing like that has ever happened to me while playing any game with a save feature before.

Yes, I do have mods installed, but that's not the problem, I have tested with a new game file, new game file with mods, new game file with clean install, etc... It runs smoothly and it takes half a second to save while playing with a new save file. That's why I think it's a problem with the size of my savefile, a new save file has 3mb, while my actual save file has 39mb. I heard that happens on the PS3, I'm playing on a desktop computer.

My computer is not from the 90s, I have 6gb of RAM, Intel core i3 processor with 3.10ghz, windows 64, AMD Radeon HD 6670(I'm also not saying is a gaming machine or whatever, I'm well aware of my computer flaws).

Well, that's it, I would like to know if anyone experienced anything like that before so I can hopefully solve my problem, or you, reading this, can solve it. Thank you for reading this and hopefully I will be able to experience the game and its mods at the best.

P.S: Sorry for my english, I don't live or visited any active-american speaking countries.

You're suffering from save game bloat, another bug. :facepalm:

Also, 2000 saves is really obssessive and unnecessary.

You could try clearing out your saves folder and just keep a few recent saves, but 39 MB is really large , not sure if you can fix that at this stage.

There is a mod that prevents this from happening but it won’t clean up your game save if it's alredy happened.

Well, f***... when I was flying with tfc I saw a little chunk of a house with three alive bandits in it, so I guess that proves it ... and I know 2000 saves are obssessive but it's not like I can do something NOW... well, thanks for the replies, I guess ...(I'm looking at you monkeykiller)

If there's really nothing I can do about it, do you think it's worth to start from the beginning(not saving a shitload of times) for the 3rd time?(First time wasn't really my save but... I played a lot on it so...)

@Edit: So, I just realised my save now has 50mb, I think I'm not going to save for a while, I will just have fun while the lag isn't very strong and then load it.

Also I have an old backup that has 37mb, but the problem is still happening on that one...

@Edit2: Well, after a while trying to find a solution a decided I won't be playing anymore, I have so many games to play and things to do so ... maybe in the future I play it again with a new save file but I'm done now xD, lots of hours of fun with insane mods I think I'm done with it, thanks for the replies and bye.

Edited by leocruznt