[LE] How to Improve Interior Shadow

Skybroom

I've noticed in some interiors the shadow look pretty ugly, kind of a dirt, mesh-like shadow everywhere:

It's called a visual "striping" artifacts.

Hy6vAOS.jpg

I suspect there's a particular culprit, a lightsource or two lightsources conflict. But I have no idea what it really is.

Once I knew the culprit I would be able to fix it on my own for each and every interior I am not happy with.

I suspect the mods' like ELFX authors know how to fix it, please, let me know if you are one of them, or you simply know what I am talking about here.

Edited by Skybroom

I'm not a 100% sure, but lights often look badly if one doesn't do the following: Edit your light reference, go to "Light Data" and set Shadow Depth Bias to "Default" or at least more than 1.0

Thank you for the tip. Default (2.0) is probably too small value though. I my case 11+ look sufficient.

It's a pity I can't enable shadow rendering for some reason. So I can't see shadows in CK, can't play with them. Actually it 's a really bad thing.

Bethesda Tutorial Lights and FX reads:

Shadow rendering must also be enabled in the preferences. File->Preferences->Shaders, check the box for shadows, click apply.

This procedure doesn't give any result, shadows do not appeare, and the box called "Shadows" turns to be unchecked once I open Preferences>Shaders again.