Remove Arms From 1st Person View!

Jaguarnaut

I think it would look SO much better, and obscure less of the view, if the player's arms aren’t visible unless a weapon or spell is actually being used. Or at least if they were much lower down in the screeen.

I truly hate how we have the player's arms stretched forward holding the weapons/spells when in 1st person view. It looks incredibly dorky for a game as advanced as this, and I really do not need a constant reminder of what weapons I have equipped and whether they are drawn or not. Even worse, weapons or spells with glow effects (eg Dawnbreaker sword) can really be a problem seeing around in dark areas.

Please somebody fix this and make the game look a lot better. I am computer literate but one look at the CK had me running away, knowing a bit about Bethesda buggery.

cheers

Edited by Jaguarnaut

I think it would look SO much better, and obscure less of the view, if the player's arms aren’t visible unless a weapon or spell is actually being used. Or at least if they were much lower down in the screeen.

I truly hate how we have the player's arms stretched forward holding the weapons/spells when in 1st person view. It looks incredibly dorky for a game as advanced as this, and I really do not need a constant reminder of what weapons I have equipped and whether they are drawn or not. Even worse, weapons or spells with glow effects (eg Dawnbreaker sword) can really be a problem seeing around in dark areas.

Please somebody fix this and make the game look a lot better. I am computer literate but one look at the CK had me running away, knowing a bit about Bethesda buggery.

cheers

you can add the REAL FIRST PERSON VIEW mod. Interesting enough, like in real life, you wont be seeing your arms the entire time. As you can see in the video, the camera swings a lot (as its positioned in the players head), BUT if I am not mistaken there is a version of the mod which makes the camera swing less

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=6002

Edited by rogerpenna

"if the player's arms aren’t visible unless a weapon or spell is actually being used."

I don't really get it... You could just keep your weapons sheathed until you actually use them? For most people, pressing r does that.

Edited by Grimoa

I don't really get it... You could just keep your weapons sheathed until you actually use them? For most people, pressing r does that.

This! I didn't get it either, as I always sheathe my weapons when not in a fight. This isn't a FPS! Note that you'll also move faster with weapons sheathed.

This is kind of an amusing request. Usually people ask for feet and legs to be visible when you look down. They want to see more of the body rather than less. People were all excited when Halo 2 came out because you could see feet, unlike how it was in Halo 1.