On Diablo 3

Tamujiin

OOOOHHHHH, yeah, they'd do it. They'd soooo do it. Why wouldn't they? Diablo had Diablo in it..... it was instantly made a timeless classic. Diablo II had Diablo in it.....it may have even surpassed the original! So now, Diablo III is tryign to be greater than it's predecessors put together.....so, the secret? Include DIABLO! Besides, it just wouldn't make sense to name it Diablo if Diablo wasn't in it.

Or it could be a fusion of the demon brothers. That would also be awesome.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you not see that thought in post #63?

Well, the center head is definitely that of Diablo, which only makes partial sense, as it does not seem that Diablo is the strongest of the 3 brothers, but then it might make sense to have the most terrifying head (as Diablo was the Lord of Terror) in the center. Problem with the theory is that the other two heads do not particularly resemble Mephisto or Baal.

Big fan of Diablo and i was waiting along time befor a new Diablo would be on the makes, now my dreams have come true.

Diablo3 is here soon.

Maybe its Diablo himself with 3 heads? But like inkheart said "Only time will tell"

At higher levels, no class compares to a Paly for killing effectiveness in Hell. Fanat/Zeal owns through NM, and good Hammerdins own Hell (...and there are other good builds, but you get the point). Sorcs are crippled in Hell by immunes. Zon's suck since they fixed the pierce/GA "bug". Other physical damage based chars suffer greatly by universal phys resists in Hell (and are completely reliant on uber gear) so they are again relatively slow killers. Necros can be boring (waiting for your minions to go to work) and kill slower than Hammerdins, but otherwise certain Necro builds are the closest to Palys in Hell power.

In D3, I certainly hope that they don't give any classes a clear advantage over the others... (i.e. make the resistances fully balanced so no single skill can dominate like Blessed Hammer). Perhaps different types of physical damage (crushing, slashing, piercing...) would help diversify things.

Seeing as the character developers said (aw, man, this has got to be like the 4th time quoting this) "There is no such thing as to much power." we can assume that ALL characters will be overpowered, particularly in comparison to most of the foes. The name of the game here is to make sure that each character is [paradox] equally overpowered [/paradox]. There are many ways of doing this.

One attempt might be to give different enemy types different resistances: Enemy A might resist 5 points of Barbarian damage, and 20 points of Witch Doctor damage. Enemy B might resist 20 points of Barbarian damage, and 5 points of Witch Doctor damage.

Archived