Capture Dragon...???

Kyrenjai

Gen Tullis killed Ulfric and I didn't know a truce had to be had between them b4 Whiterun Jarl would agree to let me capture a Dragon for SafeKeeping in Dragonsreach. How best to work around this, plz?

You need to explain your situation better because you're not making sense to me.

I need more information.

Edited by Stemin

You only need the truce if you haven't yet done the "Battle for Whiterun". You have finished the civil war quest line, so you can talk the jarl of Whiterun into your plan to capture a dragon without him asking for a truce.

If the civil war is completed, you need only to speak with the Jarl and ask for permission to capture the dragon

If the civil war is not done, you must arrange a peace treaty between the Imperials and Stormcloaks up on the Greybeards mountain. The Jarl of Whiterun will suggest this I believe.

If you have totally cleared the civil war questline, then it should let you proceed. Is you speech not high enough for a successful persuade attempt? If that's it, you need to go and sell some stuff to merchants for a bit, or just complete the quest stage with console commands. specifically, type ~ and then type "player.setstage MQ301 50" or "player.setstage MQ301 60" I don't remember which stage it is. DONT USE THE QUOTATION MARKS.