Who wants Nexus Mods merch? Voice your opinion and win a £35 Steam Gift Card!

BigBizkit

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #63114521.

popvirus2 wrote: This may be the topic I have been waiting on...

What about a "Guns for Hire" section for the store, meaning mod authors that are 'tween projects and would like to make somebody happy and earn a negotiated price for the particular task (mod development). I know this is a "free" site, but I don't think it would harm anyone and help everyone, mod users and modders alike. If the mod is developed thru the "Guns for Hire" system, it would simply be uploaded to the appropriate game mod section of nexus as an exclusive and everyone could benefit...

For instance, there are several ideas I have but have no ability when it comes to developing mods...and I would gladly compensate in some negotiated way.....unless you guys come up with a straight hourly rate.....which I don't have a clue about...

For instance, there are functions in FO4 that are far superior to SSE and the opposite also applies...and I know what I want would take some thought and possibly lots of time...but my question is, "are certain things even possible"?

So that's my thought - Guns for Hire....even sounds catchy huh...

pops

just rambling here...

Guns for hire sounds like a incoming headache with how noisy the media is when it comes to games, but I also love that idea even if it's kind of completely different from what they are asking and considering offering.

I think I have better things to waste money on if I'm going to be honest. There are much more fruitful endeavors to put money on rather than purchasing a simple mug or T-Shirt. Perhaps if you offered exclusive items that might apply to games such as some type of replica and or model of an item or character or anything else related to the affair. (I know that would probably be a difficult deal to swing with any type of publisher, so take this example with a grain of salt.) Regardless, I still wouldn't waste money on that either, but I would at least see some value and intrigue in it. I just don't see the value of owning a mug that has a nexus mods symbol on it. What makes it unique? Nothing. I could get the same product cheaper elsewhere just down the street. I'm sorry if this seems like an annoying tirade of a rant here, but this is my genuine opinion on the matter at hand. Thank you for taking the time to read this...