Who wants Nexus Mods merch? Voice your opinion and win a £35 Steam Gift Card!

BigBizkit

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think nexusmods is the right brand for merch. It would end up like a lot of brand merch, unsold/unused/mostly sit around in cupboards or storage. If you're someone who has ever owned branded merch (pens, "swag bags", t-shirts), it's basically landfill material - not something people care a lot for unless you're a collector. So if there collectors interested in this kind of product, sure. But in general it feels like a waste of resources to manufacture, ship, store, etc. nexusmods merch. This is more subjective, but I think a modder would rather you donate to their patreon or something instead of sending them a mug or t-shirt of nexusmods. My guess is that the consumer base for merch (an actual consumer base that will spend money on these products, not just people saying "yes! merch is great!" in these comments) is just too small to be worthwhile.

Some suggestions to attract genuine customers: maybe tech gear? The cheapest things would be stickers (suitable for laptops and desktop towers, to show off you're a modder/mod user). Avoid mugs/pens/t-shirts. go for stuff like mousepads, USB port extenders, USB keys/HDDs/SSDs(?), etc. Not sure how feasible it is from a business side of things as those are less universal (likely lower liquidity) and require a much higher initial investment, but it's better than cheaping out with typical swag bag/gift bag stuff (again, "landfill material").

Good luck with the planning and thanks for the giveaway!

Edited by Guest