Custom NPC won't start dialogue on one of my computers

Cynster

Does anyone know some common reasons why an NPC will not start up dialogue? I have the quest set to start on game start, 0 is the starting stage, it works on my laptop, but even after a complete fresh reinstall of skyrim, it does not work on my gaming computer. I have copied the entire data folder from my laptop to gaming computer with no success at all. There is some weird issue that I can't figure out. All of the sound was recorded on my gaming computer, so I don't think it's a sound issue - plus the mod worked at one point on my computer and it's like the quest just disactivated itself or something. Could anyone please help? I'm completely out of ideas.

In case someone would like to take a look at the file themselves: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=16604 File: AellaOptionalWIPV03

Edited by Cynster

Sorry, I can't help, but I can commiserate. I have only one computer, and seem to be having this problem. At least with follower stuff. After a newbish week of hell I got a clue what i was doing, and decided to make a "unique voiced follower". I can get the voiced npc to say hello, respond to dialogue ect. but anything to do with being a follower gets broken. I followed a detailed walkthrough four times. Im sure I did it right. i see others having similar issues, so at least Im not alone. :(

Yeah this has to be some kind of bug, because it is not logical at all. In addition I've tried advancing stages to see if at least -some- dialogue would happen, but nothing.

Yeah this has to be some kind of bug, because it is not logical at all. In addition I've tried advancing stages to see if at least -some- dialogue would happen, but nothing.

So it is a follower? ZOMG your lucky to be alive. Im suprised the laptop did not explode. ;)

Hey, do me a favor please. I just made a post labled 'Unique Voice Follower FAIL' I think the subject needs love. Go throw anything on the wall! xD The deeper I get into this, the more Im feeling like CK is weak, and possibly Beth could throw us a bone. People just need to scream for it! Companion scripts for all! lol

Good luck my friend. :)

Yes, she is a follower, but I haven't even gotten to that part of it in testing yet (except on my laptop, and it works) - Yes, at times this tool seems to randomly work/not work - and I usually have to start from scratch doing the exact same thing for it to work x_x