Book reading animation

Ormoulu

I want to make npcs read books. The only actor in game I know who uses reading animation is Marowski from Hotel Rexford, but I can't understand how he's made to do that. I had an idea that it depends on his package, but other actors forced into GoodneighborMarowskiSitPackage use his chair but don't read. Marowski being relocated to other chair starts reading. In character's or references' forms I can't find any reading related features.

Please can anyone help me with the animation? And help to understand what makes Marowski read because it really disturbes me )

There's also a newspaper (more like a leaflet) reading animation tied in to the keywords or marker file (not sure which of those) of the vanilla vendor bar workshop item. But that's a standing animation that patrons use.

Another one coming to mind is a sitting reading animation used in CWSS Redux: https://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/mods/1151/images/14326-0-1470546261.jpg mod here: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/14326/

That one looks pretty vanilla to me but maybe you can take this mod as an example for what you like to do. (To quickly sort all the files changed by a mod in the CK, drag the object window larger and sort everything on date modified).

Those animations use animation markers. Maybe the solution is to create a marker for book reading, still I wish to solve the Marowski puzzle...

edit... ummm where do these other npcs that you'r talking about comefrom? are they already spawned? are they unique? did you create spawn them? or are they like drag and dropped in? You could definitly tie a sitting event script to the npcs that would make them read. wouldn't really need a marker. Or you could just turn marowski into his own class? or duplicate him and make a couple random npc's with mainly his traits you wouldn't want to keep everything tho.

Heres somethin i found

Under the ai packages. theres and idles tab. basicly he has a sitidlepackage or something like that. If you use that package keyword it might work but if you go to the npcs you want to read and sit ect. If you double click on their sit package under the idles tab click the checkbox that says use specific idles. find marowski in the actor list and find his book reading idles. add those keywords to the list of the actors you want to read. You may want to add the animations, and the marowski sit package id and make sure load on furniture is ticked in the flags tab. I can't imagine how it wouldn't work if you did all that. also remove any other sit associated package and or animations keywords ect for whatever your target npc is

Edited by markyrocks

That's right. This is what I found about Marowski: he's the part of DialogueGoodneighbor quest, and he has script DefaultAliasReadWhileSittingScript attached to his alias, which makes him PlayIdle(IdleBookReadStart) when sitting. That looks a bit hmm unnecessary complicated but should work for other npcs too.

Edited by Ormoulu