Crash to Desktop

Deleted19761User

Okay I started playing Skyrim again this weekend... spent a good portion of that finding some mods, catching up to whats all new and what not. From the get go I have been experiencing crashes and odd errors. For example... loading into Helgen keep with mods activated, Helgen keep does not load all the way. I reload a few times to get Hadvar or Rolaf to get moving and then they stop again. Turned mods off.. started a new game... got past Helgen keep, turned mods back on. Runs fine inside for about 30 - 40 minutes, CTD with no error. Runs 5 minutes tops outside - CTD. No error.

Tried getting rid of my tweaked INI's. No change.

My system specs :

AMD 1100T X6 3.4 mhz (0.1 mhz oc)

AMD 6950 2GB 885/1300 (OC)

8GB DDR3 1600mhz

Soundblaster Audigy SE 7.1

500GB HD - Main

And yes I am running the latest AMD drivers (non-beta)

Mods:

Unofficial Skyrim patch

Skryim HD 2k Textures

Dual Sheath & Shield on Back

Skyrim Cloaks

Better Flora

Sounds of Skyrim - all

Skyrim Nature Sounds - Water & Fire

Smithing Perks Overhaul

Lore Friendly Armor

Dragon Bone Weapons

Skyrim Weapons and Armor Fixes

Necessary Map Markers

SkyUI

Those are all the mods using an ESP. the rest are mostly just texture facelifts. I run boss every time I add or remove a mod when fiddling around with the game. since I have a vanilla save game to work with.

Edited by Guest

Do you have the latest version of Sounds of Skyrim (or, if that doesn't help, tried installing the crash fix?). Switching to the updated version (couple weeks + ago) did wonders for me.

Ah. Never noticed it reset itself. Good to know. I'll make sure to run boss after activating mods rather than before. Thanks for that. I got the game running for 2 hours with no crashes so far. Something to do with my INI files being really muddled up.

Though now I am just experiencing a lot of serious stuttering and general game lag during combat and exploring. Not sure if it was just the spot I was at though. (Whiterun Tower rebuilt + First game dragon fight = Glitchy?)