Skyrim 1.6 Patch Official? - Noon June 5

OriginalkiltedFrog

I have seen no evidence of a changelog anywhere...

But having said that: This may be a huge coincidence, or maybe because SKSE is disabled, but I just had a lengthy haul playing Skyrim, and my crashes seem to have disappeared...

I really hope this isn't because SKSE is disabled... the only mods I have that use SKSE are SkyUI and SKSE_Elys_Uncapper... but both are vital to me!

Those are the only SKSE mods I use as well and I have never had Skyrim crash so I don't think those would be your problem.

Has anyone found out what was changed?

The beta patch added Horse Mounted Combat. I was playing and everything was great. SKSE even had a Beta release build (1.5.8) compatible with runtime 1.6.87.0. The new patch is 1.6.89.0.6. Hurry up!!!!!!

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/05/25/skyrim-beta-patch-adds-mounted-combat/?ns_campaign=article-feed&ns_mchannel=ref&ns_source=steam&ns_linkname=0&ns_fee=0

I got the same update today and cant play with the latest SKSE so you're not th eonly one.

However, someone told he could go back to 1.5.26 - wont you be able to load your games? I tried that once, with a samvegame from 1.6.8, and couldnt load the game while playing the 1.5.26 version. Am i crazy?

Another question: how can you know which mod uses SKSE?

Any word on what was fixed? :whistling: For me the update is only 18.2 MB to download :dance:

Here's what's new/fixed

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Patch

Soo, not nearly enough.

@lordbelfast - The reason the menu sucks is because Skyrim was designed for consoles not PC's.

@kevkiev - Thanks for the tip but I think it's sad that "Steam" :verymad: forces us to mod their piece of crap to work properly. Don't want it in the first place.

@Tsewe - If you find an all inclusive list please share. :wink:

Edit: After reading the link I posted above it's like... "Quit worrying about RARE bugs and fix the BIG bugs!!" For crying out loud!! Guess it'll never happen.

Edited by Sergeant Rock

1.6.87 did improve over all stability (for me at least) however 1.6.89.06 seems to have taken a slight backwards step, plus I now again seem to be getting more kill cams, nearly as many as 1.5 introduced, It's cool the first 1 or 2 times but seriously it very old very quickly. Haven't really seen any other differences (yet)

thanks for sharing your link but we're talking about the 1.6.89.06 not 1.6.87 (how the hell do they decide the version's number???)

Sorry about that. I thought that link was the most current patch (obviously). :whistling: So now I'm confused... are they both still beta? I have auto update turned off in steam and my current game version is 1.5.26.0.5. That's the most current "non beta" patch isn't it?

thanks for sharing your link but we're talking about the 1.6.89.06 not 1.6.87 (how the hell do they decide the version's number???)

Sorry about that. I thought that link was the most current patch (obviously). :whistling: So now I'm confused... are they both still beta? I have auto update turned off in steam and my current game version is 1.5.26.0.5. That's the most current "non beta" patch isn't it?

Hey Sarge! How you doing buddy?

Yep, you are at the current non-beta version so no worries. :thumbsup:

And they updated the beta. There is only one available and it's the 1.6.89.06. I'm not using it right now myself since when I tried it as soon as it was released I started getting ctd's and the mounted combat animation issues. I really didn't feel like removing my current animation mods since that is what causes the problem with the mounted combat.

If I had been a little more impressed with the mounted combat I might have gone through a little more trouble, but to be honest, I thought it was a mess myself. Seems like another thing from Beth that seems great in theory, but leaves a lot to be desired in the actual implementation. Really hard to aim with a bow on horseback (of course, I didn't have an aiming reticle either) and the mounted melee combat seemed clunky and clumsy at best when I did get it to work.

But hopefully Beth will improve on it before the official release and if the rumors of the navmesh bug being fixed with this patch are true, then I will be happy with it for that reason alone.

Edited by Staind716