Were did my dungion go?

sunshinex3

OK, i added a trapdoor ladder in my dungeon (entrance), placed the other end of the portal in the first helgen watch tower. saved it while i was in the out side port, and now every thing but the room were my trapdoor ladder and the actual trapdoor latter is either gone or invisible, if their is such a thing as random stuff going invisible, how do i make it visible again?

their was some problem when i saved it didn't just save to the file automatically it made me click the files name again.

has this happen to any one else... I really hope that this isn't a bug i pieced that place together perfect.... this is can't be.

i also tried to make a back up copy but.... it wouldn't let me save to another source (like a usb drive.) if any one knows what to do please help.

Did you load your plugin as active file? If not, and you saved it, you will only have the changes in it you recently made.

Look in your ...\Skyrim\Backup folder for an earlier version.

Edit: If you want to make a manual backup, you have to copy your .esp out of the Data folder.

Edited by Ghaunadaur

Did you load your plugin as active file? If not, and you saved it, you will only have the changes in it you recently made.

Look in your ...\Skyrim\Backup folder for an earlier version.

Edit: If you want to make a manual backup, you have to copy your .esp out of the Data folder.

so how do i open the back up file, can't find an answer but still looking, think it has something to do with the file type. the files in the back up folder are all BAK file types, tried to copy paste file into data folder didn't show up in editor, might be because file type is BAK. still looking...

Hello there,

Several possible causes for this. Very likely not a random occurence. Most likely off the top my head is that you did not adjust your roombounds. If you create any roombound at all (roomzones that have to be connected by visual portals) than anything outside those roombounds is/willbe invisible. Also possible that your mod was not flagged as the active file when opening the ck. If you accidentaly forget to make sure your mod is the 'active' file (double right click, or make active button) then any work done will not be saved to your .esp. Have done both of these myself when starting out so is possible they are the reason.

As far as the backup files are concerned you do have to rename the .bak to a .esp and it will open in the ck then, the ck wont just open the .bak file. Hope that helps.

Edited by Terramis

i would like to how to change the file format from .bak to .esp

also.... room bounds? were is that covered in the tutorial, is that were the doors are connected the teleport checkbox

Just rename it. Right-click --> Rename.

If you have no room bounds, then this will not be the cause of your problem.

But if you're interested: Room Bounds and Portal Basics

I have to agree with Terramis on the "active file" part.

I had a similar issue in TES IV: Oblivion.

Only difference was that I was using two .esp files together to make a mod. When the right one wasn't active, parts of the mod I added wouldn't show up in game.

one of the reasons I liked "TES Gecko" so much. I had mixed and matched some mods with edits of my own, then meshed it into one mod for myself. Worked nicely, and saved on the number of mods loaded in the game.

Edited by xeightballx

i would like to how to change the file format from .bak to .esp

also.... room bounds? were is that covered in the tutorial, is that were the doors are connected the teleport checkbox

Just rename it. Right-click --> Rename.

If you have no room bounds, then this will not be the cause of your problem.

But if you're interested: Room Bounds and Portal Basics

yea room bounds sound like my problem! how ever i see no solution, so how do i change or interact with room bounds or is the portal my problem? You see when i go to my map all i see in the little box that shows me what i have put on the map is the trapdoor-latter that is the other end of the portal and a corner piece i don't remember putting their (it should be a dead end piece) but thats it ever thing else is gone... should be at least 50-60 pieces!

also

the rename doesn't work cuz the BAK file already has .esp on the end of it, but when i look in properties it's file type is .BAK.

Edited by sunshinex3