Dawnguard Details, Todd Howard Interview, G4TV E3

Stormcrown

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UEQFp4tzQc

G4TV Dawnguard Interview with Todd Howard.

Features he talked about, added below. I got ALL of his talking points.

Dawnguard Expansion - Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls

-Dawnguard Faction, Anti Vampire

--More crafting and exploring,

--You can have you're own armored troll.

-Become a Vampire Lord

--Turning into bats, dodging mechanic

--Vampiric "Gripping" People, throwing them through the air.

--Summoning Gargoyles

--Killing people as a vampire, unlocks perks, new perk tree.

-Crafting Dragonbone Weapons, above Daedric.

-Crossbows

--A lot of damage, long reload.

-Mounted Combat added recently.

--Summonable Mount, Soul Cairn.

--Undead Realm of Oblivion

-New Shout, Soul Tear

-Rip souls out of other people, collect souls, and they become your undead minion.

-Werewolf Perk Tree

--Level'd up by "mauling" people

-Frost Elves "Lot of things in the DLC, we don't want to spoil anything"

Xbox 360, 26th of June

PC/PS3, Unknown.

Edited by Stormcrown

Your video is a playlist and defaults to the ESO video. Here is the direct link to the Dawnguard one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UEQFp4tzQc

Anyway, kind of surprised by Todd's "I don't know" release date for PC and PS3. It was supposed to be 30 days after Xbox. Also interested to see Beth's Dragon Bone Weapons and how, or if, the mod will be modified to work around it. That's one of my favorite mods, I'm glad to see console players will get something similar.

If dragonbone weapons are stronger than daedric, doesn't that break a little lore? Daedric is supposed to be the strongest there is.

Dragon's have also been gone for thousands of years and the two artifacts we've seen that could be confirmed to come from dragons were much more powerful than their daedric counterparts.

Your video is a playlist and defaults to the ESO video. Here is the direct link to the Dawnguard one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UEQFp4tzQc

Anyway, kind of surprised by Todd's "I don't know" release date for PC and PS3. It was supposed to be 30 days after Xbox. Also interested to see Beth's Dragon Bone Weapons and how, or if, the mod will be modified to work around it. That's one of my favorite mods, I'm glad to see console players will get something similar.

Thanks, I was linking that playlist to a friend and must have forgot.

If dragonbone weapons are stronger than daedric, doesn't that break a little lore? Daedric is supposed to be the strongest there is.

well, speaking to the lore, Daedric is never said to be stronger. In the past games it always HAS been. Dragonbone never existed, so you could argue it's been a part of "Elder Scrolls" Sub-culture that Daedric is the strongest.

Now that Riverwood has been wiped out, some clever modder needs to make a mod called "No One Goes to Riverwood". Then wait for a Cease-and-Desist letter from Valve. :) Ah, well. It wouldn't be as much fun without the Zero Point Energy Field Manipulator anyway.