Modern Skyrim/Remastered and remade Shivering Isles

Ravelair

138 members have voted

1. 1. Modern Skyrim or Shivering Isles

• Modern Skyrim
    • Shivering Isles

Just to echo Jet4571, if you want to do it then go for it. It might take a long time but you'll learn a hell of a lot and you might end up with a great mod.

Innovation comes from treading your own path, not following the path created by others. Good luck and keep us posted!

Just to echo Jet4571, if you want to do it then go for it. It might take a long time but you'll learn a hell of a lot and you might end up with a great mod.

Innovation comes from treading your own path, not following the path created by others. Good luck and keep us posted!

Exactly, too many times I have seen people say large projects like that always fail or lines of that nature and rarely have i seen people say the task is daunting but always worthwhile to try it. The journey of creating something can be just as pleasurable as an end result, if you spend a year working on an overhual then get bored and move on to something else the only questions that needs to be asked is did you enjoy working on it for that year? did you gain some experiance from it?

Yes most large projects fail because of boredom or it became work and no fun so the author drops it. but thats no reason to discourage and make it fail before it even starts. Hell some start those huge tasks that "Alway's fail" and end up with a great mod.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Personally, I love both ideas. I've actually always wanted a modern open-world RPG that's not GTA/Saints Row where it only focuses on crime theme. An open world Sims with superb graphics will be pretty awesome imo. On the other hand, I would also love to go back and explore Shivering Isles in the 4th century. If I have to choose one though, probably pick Modern Skyrim. =)

Now, one suggestion. I would say try to cut things down and don't try to create EVERYTHING immediately. Instead of trying to create 100 different occupations you can do in the world and make each mediocre, I would rather you start with only 5 occupations people can do and make them each excellent. 5 very different ones probably. Police, thief, restaurant manager, pizza delivery, and real estate agent - for example.

Finally, good luck. =)

Edited by yic17

• 2 months later...

OMG i really hope you do this, because i miss the shivering isles so much!! I want the land of mania and dementia in skyrim, complete with giant mushrooms, and weirdly colored skys, and freaky creatures that walk backwards! I REALLY loved Mania, and i hope you pull out the stops on this! thank you for considering taking on such an awesome task, i can hardly wait till it's done...

• 2 months later...

when do you think you will be starting the mod and how long do you think it would take, I imagine it will be a massive I voted for The shivering Isles my favourite Elder Scrolls DLC to date