New To Skyrim

Qualanqui

well for a ranger im guessing you'll want some cool bows eh :)....well if you check out the bow faal sizaan and then look at the same guys other mods, he has about 5 different really good bows (and yes they are all made of wood!) also the chronicles of steel - realswords has my favourite bow in it! the nordic bow, and also a bunch of cool swords....wot3e is short for weapons of the third era and is a fairly large weapon pack (fairly exclusively swords, no bows as far as im aware) the original maker of the mod actually gave up on it and another modder masterofshadows has taken it over and is continuing some of the work on it :)

......for a ranger i'd highly recommend arrow tweaks and also increased arrow damage as they both increase how deadly arrows are, and arrow tweaks is nice and customisable (although if you use both dont use arrow tweaks arrow damage increases)....another mod you'll almost certainly love is private selective quivers, which basically enables you to use 1 quiver for any arrow type, so you can have some daedric arrows in an iron arrow quiver! and its player only, so you wont see npcs running around with anything but the vanilla quivers :).....although if you want everyone to use the same type of quiver, then just use selective quivers by the same modder!

also i'd say that pise and duel combat realism are fairly essential as they improve enemy ai and combat and all sorts of other cool stuff, but on the other hand you could just use SkyRe, as i understand it SkyRe makes ai tweaks and is geared towards combat realism, by making your health and ai health roughly the same and providing damage buffs for everyone, which will level the playing field a fair amout, it also includes extensive reworking of perk trees and all sorts of other things, but its all a matter of preference, if your looking for a nice pack that works perfectly together and is compatible wiht most things, then i'd recommend giving SkyRe a go! (it also has a brilliant module for reworking racial traits which i've used for a long time!) i'd also say that deadly dragons is a must have as vanilla dragons are just lizards with wings:P

for armours i'd recommend omegared99 armour compilation, which is a brilliant pack of armours,....also if you like LOTR i'd recommend isilmeriel's lotr weapon pack, it's got legolas's bow, his elven knives, anduril,narsil,glamdring,saurons mace, the witch kings sword and probably a few more i can't remember, but they are all very very good quality weapons!....also jaysus swords is one of the best sword packs around, including many daggers and stuff, although no bows :P

finnally skyrim monster mod, is almost certainly another must have, it includes lots and lots and lots of brand new monsters in it and will add a lot of variety to your game, and lots of cool new stuff to kill!!....oh and real wildlife is another good one, as most rangers go hunting! and its also good for users of IMCN (imps more complex needs) which is a hunger sleep and thirst style mod, but you can have it be a lot more complex, and actually involve having a good balanced diet, tracking blood alcohol levels and also caffene levels (yeah it adds coffee and tea!) and also frostfall is a necessity for realism as it means you can die from running around wearing sod all in the snow, but if you take the necessary precautions for wandering the frozen mountains of skyrim its easy to avoid death! and complimenting both IMCN and frostfall is Camping kit of the northern ranger

so theres a briefish list of a few must have mods for realism and a few weapon packs and stuff that rangers should like!...hope that helps somewhat, i'd probably add more but i honestly cant remember anything else off the top of my head :P anyways hope you enjoy some of those mods!

EDIT: as for fnvedit not really there is wrye smash (the skyrim version of wrye bash) which lets you merge leveled lists of various mods and enables you to merge mods together into 1 esp (although not all mdos are eligible for this) and it also has a lot of other very useful capabilities and features :)...another great utility is BOSS which will auto order your mod list according to their masterlist which is fairly extensive and constantly updated although its not always correct, it will be 98% of the time, but it does also give notes useful to wrye smash users, such as noting which mods should have delev/relev tags and which should not be merged into the bashed patch and a few other things.

so for vital programs for managing your mods i'd suggest BOSS, Wrye Smash and Nexus Mod Manager

Edited by tredmillion

Cheers tredmillion awesome suggestions have tried most all of them have a kudos, was also wondering though what are peoples personal preferences as far as texture mods are concerned I was looking for something like new vegas' NMC's or detailed normals if people know what I am talking about :) also is there a radar type mod or something similar that will help me spot enemies a bit earlier. Edited by Qualanqui