Texture Help

vipermkii

Money shot!

well they turned out very nicely dude! great job :) colours are almost perfect on them (the gold looks great!)....

might i suggest once you've got a bit more experience, trying to use a different texture for the helmets metal, something closer to the plate metal of the steel, rather than the dimpled texture of the iron textures, as i think it would fit the steel plate armour a lot better :)

but seriously for a first retexture thats a brilliant job man :)...and seeing as you've never even used gimp or photoshop before, well thats just even more impressive!

To do that, I would have to create a new n.dds file to remove the hammer strikes, correct? I have thought about it and on these I hand painted a bunch of those strikes back into the textures. It's a great idea for a v1.5. . .

which texture are you using as the base? The standard one or the one from Beth's high def DLC?

May I suggest that you make stand alone version of the entire retextured draugr armor and then mess with the armor add-ons and give this to higher level draugr. I think that would be cool.

Edited by Hangman4358

I think the horns look amazing.

I have completed the .esp. These helms are unique items that can be crafted at the forge and tempered at the bench. Oh, and they work for the beast folk too!

Here's my question:

I placed everything in my data directory and worked from there, all of the texture references for my meshes in nifskope contain my unique drive address. Is this going to be a problem for anyone who installs this mod? I have Skyrim on an "F" drive for example, and someone grabs the mod on Nexus and installs to a "C" drive. Will there be an error??

*I am talking about the drive path that I used inside nifskope to point meshes to the right textures, not the path for the actual data/texture/mesh folders that I am uploading.*

Edited by vipermkii

I assume that it is the HD version. I have them installed and I went through the steps to set the .ini's to use them but allow mods to override.

Well they are only the HD version if you unpacked the HD texture DLC .bsa's If you took the texture from the normal .bsa it will be the normal version.