Suggestion: Sorting by Language

Klipperken

I was trying to get through a few sub genres (Skyrim; Weapons, Housing and Armors), which is not really possible at the time, but even on a fast connection to the Nexus, it takes ages.

An idea is, to sort things by language, so translated stuff no longer clutters the English mods...

Thoughts?

That is what the tag filter is for. :thumbsup:

On the main page for that game, hover your mouse pointer over your name at the top

On the drop down menu select 'Block Content'

Pick whatever it is you do not want to see

After you have checked all that you want blocked go to the bottom of the page and click on the 'Block These Tags' button

You can block all other languages - this works ONLY if that particular mod is properly tagged - so be sure to tag any that you see that are not tagged properly. :wink:

BTW, this is one of the new features that you don't think we should have because according to another post you don't think we should be making changes to improve the site. :whistling:

• 2 weeks later...

I was trying to get through a few sub genres (Skyrim; Weapons, Housing and Armors), which is not really possible at the time, but even on a fast connection to the Nexus, it takes ages.

An idea is, to sort things by language, so translated stuff no longer clutters the English mods...

Thoughts?

THERE SHOULD BE A LANGUAGE FILTER OPTION. SORTING THRU ALL THE PORTS IS GETTING VERY, VERY TEDIOUS.

Edited by obdown666

this works ONLY if that particular mod is properly tagged - so be sure to tag any that you see that are not tagged properly. :wink:

And that seems to be a major flaw in the system when apparently anyone can change them. I tried to bring this up before, but a certain admin got upset when I suggested moderators and authors should only be able to change them and he/she locked the thread.

Yah, we now have over 50,000 mods spread across 10 games. If a moderator downloads 10 mods, installs them in a test game and checks them for proper tags, then removes them (assuming about 10 minutes per mod to properly test in game) each day, That will take us about 14 years to complete. And that's assuming no new mods are uploaded and no new games are added. :blink: So, assuming an unpaid 8 hour work day, with no breaks. One moderator could theoretically do 6 per hour or 48 a day. That reduces it some. (to about 3 years) But cuts actual moderating time, and replying to forum posts, down to zero. :pinch:

However, if we allow actual users, who are going to be downloading the mods anyway, to tag. And it takes 3 of the same tag to allow, and again anyone can minus one to any tag also if they don't agree with the tag. The work will be done in a few weeks - If people will just tag the mods - like they want everyone else to do for them. :ermm:

And the author has the capability of doing their own tagging that automatically overrides user tags - just as moderator tags do. And if an author believes that people are marking wrong flags, they can lock the tagging - or report the improper tags to the staff. This is a problem with a very few of the lore mongers who seem to believe everyone, no exception absolutely must play the game the way they demand and try to use the tags to force their will on others - (we ban them for that)

The tag system is in no way a done deal. It will be adjusted to work better (we hope) at some time. Based primarily on input from posts like yours. :thumbsup: However right now, our coder is working to fix the niggling little problems - like 504, 502 errors, database errors and slow access times. :wink:

Yah, we now have over 50,000 mods spread across 10 games. If a moderator downloads 10 mods, installs them in a test game and checks them for proper tags, then removes them (assuming about 10 minutes per mod to properly test in game) each day, That will take us about 14 years to complete. And that's assuming no new mods are uploaded and no new games are added. :blink: So, assuming an unpaid 8 hour work day, with no breaks. One moderator could theoretically do 6 per hour or 48 a day. That reduces it some. (to about 3 years) But cuts actual moderating time, and replying to forum posts, down to zero. :pinch:

And I wasn't suggesting now or in the original thread that it be a moderator's "job" to do it, but I felt it was obvious that the authority figures on the board should be able to change it. Honestly I feel like it should be the mod authors job to fill in the tags. If you want any kind of accuracy then mod authors should be required to fill it out.

I get the frustration with the time it would take to fix the tags, but that's the problem with any new system. You have to take little bites and try to maintain the new files that are added so you don't make it worse.