Where are the masterpieces?

NZISWAT

I appreciate whatever I get considering how buggy the CK is... and the content is free. Honestly if I made $ back for the time I put into these mods I'd probably be more motivated... and my mom wouldn't think the time I invested in this hobby is stupid.

At least we can accept donations now. Though I don't blame anyone for not wanting to spend money. But even if people did charge for mods... everything you buy would be more content than any saints row 3 "DLC" that came out (they tried making customers pay money to use the cheat codes that they intentionally disabled from the game!)

HAH, that sounds like my mum xD...whenever im like, hey i made a mod mum!...she always goes, well can you make some money for it?....or hey mum i wrote a guide to help people....well can u make money for it....its so stupid xD.

also i agree on the money aspect xD...whilst i love the nature of mods being free, i'd be a hell of a lot more motivated to make mods if i got 1p per person who got it xDD (especially as if you think, some mods get like 100,000 downloads, which would be £1000!!!)....but hey the nature of modding is mod for the sake of it! and its a free community based thing :)...which is amazing considering how greed driven most of modern society is :P...

@saints row 3 ......your joking right :P thats so feckin ridiculous xD

At least we can accept donations now. Though I don't blame anyone for not wanting to spend money. But even if people did charge for mods... everything you buy would be more content than any saints row 3 "DLC" that came out (they tried making customers pay money to use the cheat codes that they intentionally disabled from the game!)

Well, we don't require money for modding; because it is a hobby. You can get good at modding and pursue a career as a game designer, and probably do well. It's like any sport player. They don't earn anything before they actually get good, and spend countless houres doing it.

If you get to the point you need money for motivation, I suggest taking a break from your hobby. This is relaxation, not stress. This is fun, not boring.

You mod for yourself, not the community. Remember that.

Cheers,

Matth

i think your missing the point gasti89 :P

and yes it is a nice fun relaxing hobby, but can you honestly say you wouldnt make more mods if you got a small amount of money for it? bad as it is its human nature, and anyway people make mods without expecting money, we're a big community here, and we do it for the benefit of everyone, not so much ourselves, if we just made mods for ourselves there wouldnt be any mods up on the nexus, its the community that drives mod creation, we do it to make eachother happy!

@Matth85: you're wrong. I'm a quest designer, so what's the point of making a quest for myself, since i know what will happen before playing it?

You don't make it to play it yourself, you make it to feel that you achieved something.

but can you honestly say you wouldnt make more mods if you got a small amount of money for it?

Nope. It would turn a hobby into work, since I know the more I did the more pocket money I had. It's the same with everything.

if we just made mods for ourselves there wouldnt be any mods up on the nexus

Nobody make mods for themself. They make mods so other can use them. However, you mod for yourself.

I'll break it down:

A mod: An addon to a game that is custome made, and contain custom content.

To mod: A person who make mods, usually as a hobby.

One is the act itself, one is the product.

"It's not the destination that counts, it's the journey". The product benefit the community. The workd itself benefits you, the modder, and seing a good product boosts self esteem and motivation.

Generally, if people want money with modding, they should get good and get a job as a game designer. Quick and simple.

Not that I got anything against people geting donations, but feeling the need to get paid for it. Eh. All the good mod would suddently cost every so slightly and it would cut the fun for the poorest out there in the long run.

Hope I managed to get my point across somewhat better. :)

Cheers,

Matth