Companion Base (Like the Lucky 38)

JBs Boy

What I'm asking for is the ability to dismiss my companions to my house, where they can then walk around doing miscellaneous actions, Fallout: New Vegas style. I think it would give the player's house some more life, and make the companions easier to find when they're not following you.

Um, a lot of FO3 mods do that already. A lot of the better companions have this sort of thing built-in. Also, most of the better bases have navmeshes and idle markers - which all mean that companions left to themselves will wander around, eat, sleep, use the workbench, talk to other companions, fiddle with computer terminals, and so on. Edited by 7thsealord

Um, a lot of FO3 mods do that already. A lot of the better companions have this sort of thing built-in. Also, most of the better bases have navmeshes and idle markers - which all mean that companions left to themselves will wander around, eat, sleep, use the workbench, talk to other companions, fiddle with computer terminals, and so on.

I was hoping for the ability to dismiss them to your vanilla houses, and I can't find any that do that. If you could link me to one, I would be very grateful.

Can't speak for 100% of Companion mods.

But, of those I have tried, all have dialogue options to set a specific place as home (take them there, select "This is your home..." or nearest equivalent, and that's it), and to dismiss/send them to that place. My impression is that this is now a standard feature in Companion mods.

For the Vanilla Companions, someone did put up a mod that supposedly made them dismiss back to your Megaton House - which, upon reflection, may be what you are asking about. Problem is, this small mod is totally dependant on another totally unrelated and much bigger mod simply to function (don't ask me why) and the author has never fixed this.

Edited by 7thsealord