New Harry Potter Mod

Shad0wThirteen

Hello all :)

I always wondered why there has never been a Harry Potter Mod before, except the "Harry Potter Wands" - Mod. Definitely check it out!

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/9472

About a week ago, I started making a Harry Potter Mod, simply wanted to add some spells, ended up with trying to rebuild the "Great Hall".

[Preview attached]

I posted something about it here:

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/568362-idea-for-a-harry-potter-mod/page__p__4606183__hl__%2Bharry+%2Bpotter__fromsearch__1#entry4606183

Ok, while checking out the Nexus today, I realized that I've been contacted by GODSBANE123456, who told me, he was working on some Harry Potter spells as well and he asked me to work together, so we decided to do that.

He had released some spells before he noticed I am working on the same thing.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/18233/?tab=2&navtag=/ajax/modimages/?user=0|:|id=18233

And, well we joined up and are working together now on a Harry Potter Mod. :biggrin:

I am informing you about our progress and the such and

we are open to suggestions!

And I think I will upload some previews !QUITE! regularly... (sorry, it's exam time :wallbash: )

Thanks to all of you guys and to the Nexus developers and Bethesda and...... you know :wink:

Why does nobody write some comments? :mellow:

Edited by Shad0wThirteen

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The spells I'VE done so far:

Stupefy

Expelliarmus

Avada Kedavra

Incendio

Lacarnum Inflamare

Confringo

Confundo

Levicorpus

Reducto

Petrificus Totalus

Impedimenta

Wingardium Leviosa

Lumos

Lumos Maxima

Homenum Revelio

Riddikulus

Episkey

Glacius

Aresto Momentum

Protego

I think that's quite ok :rolleyes: ..so far

I will work on more spells of course, though I don't know why nobody is leaving a comment or something :unsure:

Very cool :) Good luck with it :) I'm very interested to see the new spell effects and it would be neat to be able to walk around the castle if the whole thing could be recreated :)

I personally don't like the idea, I mean I like harry potter but not enough to play it in skyrim :P

but having said that, I am sure a lot of others will love this, and it does looks good!

Good luck!

Yeeeh first comment there :D

Not everyone likes everything :turned:

I know it's still lots of work to do^^

Very cool :) Good luck with it :) I'm very interested to see the new spell effects and it would be neat to be able to walk around the castle if the whole thing could be recreated :)

The spell effects are actually not new... I just mixed some Vanilla effects together, but it still looks quite nice :happy:

But I think I won't recreate the whole castle, that would take a looong time and I would need lots and lots of new meshes/textures.

I thought about adding important rooms, like the classrooms, dungeons, korridors, secret passages, Dumbledores office,....

So far, only the Great Hall and the Trophy Room do exist^^

Some effects are more related to the movies, some more to the books and some to the games.

Please understand I can't get the effect exactly like those from the movies/books/games.

Here's some effects:

Stupefy - short paralyze and pushed back / more related to the effect from the 5th movie

Expelliarmus - disarm spell / doesn't quite work properly (yet)

Avada Kedavra - killing curse / instant kill / will try to add green lightning effect

Incendio - powerful fire spell / from the games

Lacarnum Inflamare - small fire spell / from the first movie

Confringo - explosion spell / more from the games / may be renamed to expulso

Confundo - confusion spell / frenzy effect

Levicorpus - pushes your enemy back / 5th movie effect (I know it's another spell in the book)

Reducto - used as a powerful attack spell / a bit like in the 5th movie

Petrificus Totalus - body-bind curse / looks quite like the spell from the 1st movie

Impedimenta - used as a powerful attack spell (hope you have some other ideas)

Wingardium Leviosa - ANYONE who read/watched Harry Potter should know this spell....

Lumos - light spell / actually same like "Candlelight"

Lumos Maxima - light spell with nighteye effect / looks pretty cool actually ^^

Homenum Revelio - detect life spell / now this one's from the 7th book

Riddikulus - Wabbajack effect / spell used to make Boggarts look humorous

Episkey - lesser healing spell / from 6th movie

Glacius - ice spell / from games

Aresto Momentum - slow time effect / used from Dumbledore to slow down Harry in 3d movie

Protego - protection spell

Edited by Shad0wThirteen