ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Static Items Request

pedantic

Pretty please, wiv a cherry on top!

Gah... my new player house exploded for the umpteenth time yesterday, and I'm (we're) all sick of it?

I've spent an age trying to find out how to create statics myself for Oblivion. FO3, FNV, FO4, TES V ... is np at all and I do it all the time - except when I'm playing Oblivion, duh! :D

The static items I'd like are listed below.

But.. what I'd "really" like is for someone to tell me how to do it for myself - specifically for Oblivion.

The links from the Github Nifscope page don't help, or lead anywhere, and all I've drawn is a headache. :sad:

Items Requested:

BeerBottle

BrandyBottle

WineBottle01

WineBottle02

WineBottle03

CheeseWedge

Tomato

Radish

BroomLower01

LowerClassLadel01

LowerClassSpoon01

LowerClassKnife01

UpperPitcherCeramic01

UpperPitcherCeramic02

UpperScales

UpperScaleWeight

Alembic

Calcinator

MortarPestle

Retort

Yes, I did read the pinned threads, and yes I did find a super duper looking static alchemy set. But I like living like a pauper when I'm role playing in Oblivion so plain ol' basic apparatus suits me just fine and is all I need.

God! If someone IS kind enough to help me out with this I'm going to be in their debt for a while, huh? :smile:

Thank you for reading my diatribe fellow gamers / modders.

Ahah... Just put my first static object into my most recent player home and attacked it with an iron dagger. Then I punched it because, erm, I hit it so many times that my weapon broke - lol :P

I haven't actually been to bed since 7 o'clock Saturday morning while trying to solve this for myself.

What the hell is up with search engines these days? I gave up searching for strings like "make static object for Oblivion" hours and hours ago. Just a few minutes ago I was searching for "best Nifskope version for Oblivion" and up pops, on the first page:

http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/Removing_havoc_on_an_object

Sigh.... talk about relief, and it's a piece of cake to do, too. I don't bother with half of the guide because I drag and drop my own file structure straight into the creation kit - which is much simpler than all that faffing about :smile:

Thank you tesnexus. 11/10

Note: I dropped the link in incase anyone else makes a similar request. Just might save them hours of searching :D

Long ago I wanted that and got these instructions from TomBrightblade.

If memory serves, It worked flawlessly.

----------------------------------
Item to Static 1
If it is really a static apple that you want, I mean, a static like a wall, you can do the following:
- go for NifSkope 1.0.16 and load apple NIF file
- in Block List expand all nodes
- search for: 4 bhkRigidBody and left click on it
- press F3 or go to menu View -> Block Details
- - - in Block Details search for "Motion System" and change it to MO_SYS_FIXED
- - - in Block Details search for "Quality Type" and change it to MO_QUAL_FIXED
(not necessary) in Block Details search for "Layer" and change it OL_STATIC
(not necessary) in Block Details search for "Layer Copy" and change it to OL_STATIC
save the NIF file in Oblivion\Data\meshes\your_mod_name (or sth like that) and close the NifSkope
open CS, load your plugin, make a new Static and as a model choose the NIF file that was just created in NifSkope
"Not necessary" steps are only for a proper color of a layer, that can be seen in CS and in game, when you toggle collision geometry. Now you should have a static apple.
-TomBrightblade
=======================================================
Also found this on my Oblivion notes (not what you asked, but may help someone)
Item to Static 2
QUOTE (kandiedan @ Sep 26 2009, 11:50 PM)
I want to make some activators based on armor/items that can not be moved.
What is the easiest way to do this? Do I need to remove the havok information from the nif (and how do I do that in nifscope)?
-dan
Its fairly simple to do. Open the item up in nifscope, switch on the View, Block Details option in the Menu. Then highlight the bhkRigidBody section in the Block list. Then under Block details find Inertia and change all those values to 0, and Mass to 0 as well. That will remove all havok.
Then you can use this altered mesh as a container item or an activator or just an immovable static, whichever suits your purpose.
-Iliana

<snip>

save the NIF file in Oblivion\Data\meshes\your_mod_name (or sth like that) and close the NifSkope
open CS, load your plugin, make a new Static and as a model choose the NIF file that was just created in NifSkope
<snip>

That's the bit I don't bother with,QQuix - thanks for the additional info btw re: not necessary actions. It's very interesting and much appreciated.

I generally always arrange my file structure, per mod, with the necessary where they would be if I were to actually upload. So, in the case of the static items, I already have meshes\ aaron\ ICWShack2018\ lowerclass, upperclass, food, alcohol, utensils etc. etc. in place.

Once the CS is open, and the current mod is active, in this instance all I do is click on "static" in the object window then open my file structure in a seperate window, select for example everything inside "upperclass" and just drag it into the CS window and the CS takes care of everything for me/you path wise. No messing about needed. You can drag your new items into the render window immediately. Fun, fun, fun. Yeah, okay, and the occassional headache, too. :D

Laters....