NMM "Missing INI" error with New Vegas

nstepp

I'm hoping I can get some insight on how to solve this, because trying to search for a solution hasn't yielded any results.

Upon starting up NMM and selecting New Vegas, I get this error:

"You have no Fallout: New Vegas INI file. Please run Fallout: New Vegas to initialize the file before installing any mods or turning on Archive Invalidation."

I have the Ultimate Edition on Steam, installed to my G: drive. I've already been playing the game by launching through Steam and Fallout.ini and FalloutPrefs.ini are present in C:\...\Documents\My Games\FalloutNV. Launching the game through NMM (with or without Administrator privileges) doesn't make a difference. I even tried deleting the .ini files then launching through NMM; new .ini files were created but NMM still says they don't exist.

I'm running Windows 7 and NMM is installed to my D: drive, if that matters. I have Fallout 4 installed in the exact same way as New Vegas but NMM has no problems there.

It's a long time since I played New Vegas and I don't currently have it installed so I can only suggest going and getting NVSE from

http://nvse.silverlock.org/

Install it using the following instructions included in the download

1. Copy the .dll and .exe files to your Fallout NV directory. This is usually in your Program Files folder under Steam\SteamApps\common\fallout new vegas\. If you see files named FalloutNV.exe and FalloutNVLauncher.exe, this is the correct folder. Do not copy these files to the Data folder as with a normal mod.

and then try launching it using "nvse_loader.exe" and see what happens.

I never run anything directly from NMM these days - I'm still using it as my mod manager and use it to download and install/uninstall mods, but I run all associated programs - like bodyslide from icons in my taskbar - just personal preference.

Worth a try.

EDIT - Also - are you running the latest version of NMM - the version on the nexus being outdated - you can get the latest version here...

https://github.com/Nexus-Mods/Nexus-Mod-Manager/releases

JaYmZeE

P.S. I always keep my NMM install and all the mods I download on the same drive as the games. I've read in multiple places that doing otherwise can cause a variety of issues - may be worth keeping this in mind moving forward as well.

P.S. I always keep my NMM install and all the mods I download on the same drive as the games. I've read in multiple places that doing otherwise can cause a variety of issues - may be worth keeping this in mind moving forward as well.

Updating NMM and using NVSE didn't resolve the issue, but reinstalling NMM to the same drive worked! Thanks for the suggestion!