215 Hours Going Strong: Skyrim continues to impress

CaptainChaos

I bought it opening night, 12midnight. I played 100 hours - nonstop, at least so it seemed - on Hardcore/Master Difficulty. Then, after 100 hours loaded up some nice challenging mods to make it even more enjoyable. Then 150 hours in I started getting really bored and found it less challenging (mace and shield warrior, very little smithing and enchanting, no exploits). So, I took a break and created a video of Skyrim scenes set to Enter Sandman and posted it on youtube. Then I played for 50 hours. Then I took a 3 month break. Now I'm back and again I can't stop.

WOW. I thought it lost all challenge and got boring but it somehow picked up again. First, the landscape continues to be stunning; the developers clearly took to heart prior criticism that the dungeons started looking a bit too similar - I continue to be absolutely astonished at the difference and breath taking character of BOTH above and below ground environments. It's jaw dropping. I may print out a few screen shots and frame them on my walls! Second, random story plots or things I stumble on continue to intrigue and surprise me. I won't post a spoiler but I found out something cool/sinister about the Forsworn just by ambling around the top of a mountain accidentally. Truly amazing stuff.

I should check out recent mods...

@CaptainChaos, fyi, Bethesda Game Studios creative director Todd Howard said the average Skyrim playtime for

the PC version of the game was 75 hours (2012 D.I.C.E. Summit, noted as based on a large sample set).

Seems like a low estimate to me unless you rush thru all the quests i guess, especially if you've got some decent mods installed.

Wish someone would ask Todd Howard what mods he runs lol.

Edited by xlcr