How to I find my new weapons??!

Cpt8bit

Hi, Im very new to this & pc gaming in general, Ive just downloaded a few weapon packs mods/plugins & before I load the game Ive them activated.. but where do the new weapons show up? They're not in my inventory.lol.

Make sure that you've read the authors description of the files, some of them make the weapons craftable (using a forge provided you have the right level of smithing for it), sold by a merchant, or placed in the game world at a specific location. If none of these things are true, then you will need to use the console to find them. This part will be tricky since you are new to all of this stuff.

Start off by loading up the save game of your choice, once loaded hit the ~ key (right above Tab, next to 1) to open the console. From here there are several commands you can use, but since you're looking for weapons you'll want to type the command Help "sword" 4 (if it's a sword) and hit enter. Use quotations for the item itself, and it's best if you know the name(s) of the items that you are looking for, otherwise you get a giant list this way. If you know the item's name, type that in place of sword inside the quotations. You can use the Page Up and Page Down keys to navigate the list. Once you have found your item you'll notice the code made of numbers and letters before the item's name. Type in player.additem (code here, no parenthesis) 1 to give yourself one of that item.

Hopefully this is of help to you, and good luck in your new venture! :thumbsup:

hey dude, the advice of the green lion is very good :)

just a little edit in respect to the console.....when using the help command to find a weapon's item id its not necessary to put a 4 after the name, simply typing in help "iron sword" will give you the result you need :) ....although if your getting a lot of results putting 4 at the end helps narrow it down by not giving you things like furniture codes :P.....also if the items name is just 1 word then you dont even need the quotation marks! simple help iron will give you every item that has the word iron in its name :) which can be very useful for finding different codes

using things like that can be very useful, although sometimes if you dont want something to plonk straight into your inventory you can always use place.placeatme XXXXX N where XXXXX is the item id and N is the number of the item....using a command like this is a bit more versatile as it can apply to bits of furniture or npcs as well as items, meaning if your in a mine and desperately need a smelter, you can just type in

help smelter

player.placeatme XXXX 1

and voila! a smelter will get placed on top of you xD....although to get rid of it, you have to open the console, click on the smelter, and type in disable, or markfordelete (disable stops the game from rendering it, and markfordelete means the game will delete it when you exit :).....anywho there are a lot more console commands than those few and it can do a lot of different things which can be very helpful, for more information on the console its worth going to UESP

anyways as the green lion said, Good luck in your new adventure dude, and enjoy modding, for it is truly the creme de la creme of gaming :)