Adding animated files in CS

daedriccat

I've googled for information on how to do this, but everything I've found is too complex or about creating animated files. I just need a quick and dirty how to.

For example, I have three files as a resource that I want to add to the CS, cat.nif, xcat.kf, xcat.nif

It is my understanding that you link the cat.nif to xcat.kf by Spells->Animation->Attach .KF in Nifskope.

Cat.nif is the mesh you link to the creature in the CS.

What is done with the xcat.nif?

Is there anything else that needs to be done?

Just take a look at one creature in the Construction Set and see how the .nif file is assigned, e.g. you just need to assign the cat.nif and the proper sounds (probably best/simpler way would be to study a mod using the same creature animation, e.g. get one mod using Cait's cat animations)

I've studied the files in the CS, and I do not see what to do with a xcat.nif file, if anything needs to be done with it other than having it in the folder with the .nif and .kf. I've extensively googled for tutorials and can find nothing basic about adding nif files for animation. I came here as a last resort.

ETA: Okay, all you have to do is put the three files in whatever meshes folder you created.

The sounds were easy.

Thanks!

Edited by daedriccat