Question: Extremely simple Type6 Body replacer

africanwarhead

Hi,

New at the whole Nifskope modding thing. Experienced with MAX, zBrush and Poser, XML, etc...

I'm making a simple Body Replacer using the Type6 female Body Mesh. I open the NIF up, export the body mesh as an OBJ. Edit it in zBrush (just a morph, no resampling or subdivision), so the vertex count should be the same. Now I want to re-import it into Nifskope. It is put under the main Node. I stripify it. Get the material nodes to look the same as the Type6 branch. Now what?

It is clear I need to get the BSDismemberment thing attached to the altered mesh. Paste Over does not simply do the trick. I canot seem to re-branch it. I'm missing something.

<<<< updates >>>>

update #1: Just checked it out in more detail, the Type6 node branches into several things, including the mesh data. In there there's a vertex list. Now if only I could make a batch copy and paste!!!! Presto! but I don't know if Nifskope allows that!!!! GRR

update #2: So I managed to get the mesh working by pasting over the Data node, making sure to keep as much of the info the same in both nodes. But the texture map is all messed up. ZBrush completely dominates the UV mapping part... bastards. So now trying to edit th OBJ file itself.

update #3 (SOLVED): Ok so I replaced the UV data in the OBJ file with the original data, loaded it into nifskope, pasted it over the mesh data and presto, it worked, also with good textures. Armors are a little bit trickier but it also worked! Yeay... finally a type 3 with proper cup DD!! :D

Any tips? Tuts?

cheers

AW

Edited by africanwarhead