Problems With the SkyrimNexus Site...

MRCsharpie

OK, so honestly, I have NO CLUE where to put this, but I'm assuming that this could be classified as a Skyrim Mod problem... with the SkyrimNexus itself.

I've tested all of the other Nexus sites, and this doesn't happen anywhere else to me but on the SkyrimNexus, and the only Nexus site I need to use?

SkyrimNexus.

Basically, whenever I try to load SkyrimNexus, the thing flashes the page for a second, and then goes to white and tries to eternally "load" the link, even though it had it loaded a second before. Same thing happens when I try to link into mods on the SkyrimNexus through a search engine. I do have flukes every now and then where at least the front page of the SkyrimNexus works and loads, but then trying to link to the other pages ruins it. One of the times, I tried logging in directly to the SkyrimNexus and found out that sadly, the situation doesn't change, logged in or logged out.

So basically, I'm jammed and cut off from Skyrim mods. And Skyrim mods only. Can I get a hand? Or did I do something and get in trouble with the Nexus, and if so, what did I do?

--MRCSharpie

• 4 months later...

OK, so honestly, I have NO CLUE where to put this, but I'm assuming that this could be classified as a Skyrim Mod problem... with the SkyrimNexus itself.

I've tested all of the other Nexus sites, and this doesn't happen anywhere else to me but on the SkyrimNexus, and the only Nexus site I need to use?

SkyrimNexus.

Basically, whenever I try to load SkyrimNexus, the thing flashes the page for a second, and then goes to white and tries to eternally "load" the link, even though it had it loaded a second before. Same thing happens when I try to link into mods on the SkyrimNexus through a search engine. I do have flukes every now and then where at least the front page of the SkyrimNexus works and loads, but then trying to link to the other pages ruins it. One of the times, I tried logging in directly to the SkyrimNexus and found out that sadly, the situation doesn't change, logged in or logged out.

So basically, I'm jammed and cut off from Skyrim mods. And Skyrim mods only. Can I get a hand? Or did I do something and get in trouble with the Nexus, and if so, what did I do?

--MRCSharpie

I've been having similar trouble with the Skyrim nexus site. In addition to what you mentioned, the site continually logs me out every couple of minutes, id be in the middle of searching thru mods, go to DL one and cant cause the dang site logged me out, so I have to constantly log back in to DL anything, and hope it doesnt log me out before I get a chance to DL what I wanted.

id be in the middle of searching thru mods, go to DL one and cant cause the dang site logged me out, so I have to constantly log back in to DL anything, and hope it doesnt log me out before I get a chance to DL what I wanted.

It doesn't actually log you out, it just means there is a glitch or server overload preventing authentication. I have this too sometimes, pressing F5 to refresh reloads the page and usually lets you get on with downloading. Unless it's seriously overloaded, then hammering F5 isn't going to do anything except overload it more. If that happens, be patient and try again in a couple of minutes.

End of the day, it's a popular site, and sometimes it creaks a little.

Edited by acidzebra