update 1.6

zzjay

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd unwittingly been using an old version of "Skyrim Unplugged" so steam deleted my TESV.exe even though steam auto-update was disabled. (Well, "unwittingly" meaning my own damn fault for not paying attention to updates.) Having a low tolerance for trouble-shooting and a high tolerance for risk :tongue: , I decided to go all-in and updated to 1.6. My game was super stable before the update and super stable afterwards, much to my relief. Played for about 6 hours without a hiccup. I run about 40-50 plugins and a ton of mesh/texture mods, though I keep my scripted mods to a minimum. (Kinda contradicting myself re: high tolerance for risk, I know, but on this playthrough I'm keeping my mods to personal "must haves".)

I'm still getting used to mounted combat, and don't think it's worth raving about or anything (maybe my opinion will change once I use it more) but at least it's handy for killing those aggravating bears/ sabre cats/ trolls that insist on attacking you while on horseback.

One thing I noticed was that the bug where your char's eyes would go all crazy after using an invisibility potion seems to have been fixed. EDIT: spoke too soon, bug's still there

Edited by kevkiev

Dumb question, I suppose but where do you find out what patch version is current on your game? I have updates set to "automatic" but knowing there was one issued yesterday, I looked for a version number but couldn't find it.

Where can I find it please?

Dumb question, I suppose but where do you find out what patch version is current on your game? I have updates set to "automatic" but knowing there was one issued yesterday, I looked for a version number but couldn't find it.

Where can I find it please?

Not a dumb Q at all. In game you can just press esc and it'll be shown on the lower left hand corner of the menu. Out of game you can right click on your TESV.exe file and then go to properties then details.

Me too. Steam updated my game (again) without my permission (again). My fears were put to rest after playing it for a couple hours last night. Seems to be just fine but I haven't tried the mounted combat yet. I have about 50 mods (of all kinds including SKSE that I did update immediately) and I haven't found any issues. It was interesting because I just happened to have installed a new powerful graphics card and as soon as I started Skyrim I found out about the update! Needless to say I was on pins and needles but all went well and Skyrim has never looked better!! I'm a happy camper. :dance:

@Rabbit 51, I think I might take your advise on playing in offline mode. Looked it up and it seems easy enough. But before I do I have to ask.. are there any drawbacks you know of? inb4 "the game won't automatically update." :rolleyes:

I have only about 10 mods running and the only thing I found was at the castle of Riverhelm, I heard someone talkiing to me, but couldn't see any one...until I saw a head sticking out of a wall, a guard telling me he could be Dragon Born and just doesn't know it yet. Lydia disappeared until I walked towards Whiterun...so I think I will keep away from Riverhelm for a while... :smile:

I have only about 10 mods running and the only thing I found was at the castle of Riverhelm, I heard someone talkiing to me, but couldn't see any one...until I saw a head sticking out of a wall, a guard telling me he could be Dragon Born and just doesn't know it yet. Lydia disappeared until I walked towards Whiterun...so I think I will keep away from Riverhelm for a while... :smile:

Lol. Riverhelm and Windwood :-)

Yeah something is spooking in skyrim... I lost Lydia about à week ago and can't find her anywhere. Not in breezehome nor in dragonsreach. Damned guards won't do s*** 'bout it!!

Lol

Yeah something is spooking in skyrim... I lost Lydia about à week ago and can't find her anywhere. Not in breezehome nor in dragonsreach. Damned guards won't do s*** 'bout it!!

Lol

No, I am not Dyslexic...Riverhelm is a mod :tongue:

Lol

No, I am not Dyslexic...Riverhelm is a mod :tongue:

No offense, my bad :wink: :wink:

But seriously, did you get her back? Because my Lydia is still missing. Guess 'player.placeatme Lydia' or smtng is just not the same.. Hopefully I'll figure out why she vanished. (pretty sure it's not because I've been AP'ing all those guards ...)