A few mod questions

nipnapcreations

I apologize if this has been answered before but I tried look. I have a few questions.

FIrstly, what is the easiest and most straight forward way to change my look/appearance/hair when I have already created a character? The Chargen doesn't always seem to have great lighting and at some point I might want to change. I wish there was like an in game salon or something to that extent. Any advice there?

Secondly, using CharGenMorph Compiler. I use it and it creates a new xml, so do I just use that and delete all old/previous ones? (I also have two manifest xml's for some reason)

Thirdly, do subfolders matter in the override folder?

Lastly, is there any mod that makes morrigan lez mode? I know there is one to reverse my hero's gender, but when I play on my male account I don't want alistair coming onto me. Maybe a mod to make alistair not think I'm a female when I DO play as a female?

Thanks and sorry if these have already been answered.

Edited by nipnapcreations

Hi nipnapcreations!

1. The easiest way to change face would be to use this http://dragonage.nexusmods.com/mods/428

2. CharGenMorph Compiler is created to merge 2 or more chargenmorphcfg.xml files into 1 chargenmorphcfg.xml file so after it merges files there is only 1 left and you dont have to delete anything. there might be backup file chargenmorphcfg.xml.bak but you dont have to delete that one either.

3.subfolders dont matter if you put in override/sub1/sub2/sub3/ mod should still work. But i think someone said that if you use mods that have same filenames then one of them takes priority acording to its location. i think ones in subfolders get priority, could be wrong on that.

4.there are bunch of mods that are all related to one called Sappho's Daughters its all lez mod and lots of adult content so if you are into that kind of mods you can download it from social bioware pages.

Hope that helps.

Ok, first rule of asking for help on internet forums: One question-per-post. (That way people who know the answer to a particular issue will respond who otherwise wouldn't because they can't answer all of them! :tongue: )

FIrstly, what is the easiest and most straight forward way to change my look/appearance/hair when I have already created a character?

"DA Face Replacer" or similar utility. This is the one I use. :thumbsup:

Secondly, using CharGenMorph Compiler. I use it and it creates a new xml, so do I just use that and delete all old/previous ones? (I also have two manifest xml's for some reason)

If configured/used correctly, then "Yes". The new CGMC.xml should incorporate all the previously existing entries.

Thirdly, do subfolders matter in the override folder?

Only in that they make it MUCH easier to find which files belong to which mod. :tongue:

See my own "\override" folder:

http://dragonage.nexusmods.com/images/1678793-1339382713.png

(My "DAMM" folder structure is even more complex.)

Lastly, is there any mod that makes morrigan lez mode? I know there is one to reverse my hero's gender, but when I play on my male account I don't want alistair coming onto me. Maybe a mod to make alistair not think I'm a female when I DO play as a female?

If you use the "Morrigan Restoration Patch Dialog Fixpack" (MRP) then TerraEx also has a "MRP Equal Love" optional add-on that does this. But really!?! Just use "Equal Love" by Kamajii and give Big Al the "Not Interested" response the first time. :thumbsup:

Ok awesome, thanks so much for the quick and detailed replies. Now two other concerns, same questions kind of.

The chargenmorph compiler thingy. I used it twice in the past, and because I had three chargenmorph xml's (one was the same name with (2) at the end, I wasn't sure if that affected it)

Didn't even think about the not interested dialogue, so that works.

The face mods look great and very helpful.

Is there a mod/utility to help me sort my override folder? I have about 40 to 60 files in there, and I have no idea what some of them are, now that I know I can do the subfolders, I wish to sort/organize it all. So is there a utility/software or way to tell me what file is for what, or what files are associated with others?

Thanks again!

The chargenmorph compiler thingy. I used it twice in the past, and because I had three chargenmorph xml's (one was the same name with (2) at the end, I wasn't sure if that affected it)

Is there a mod/utility to help me sort my override folder? I have about 40 to 60 files in there, and I have no idea what some of them are, now that I know I can do the subfolders, I wish to sort/organize it all.

You cant have 2 files with same file name in same folder. When you try to put chargenmorphcfg.xml in override and there is already chargenmorphcfg.xml windows will either rename chargenmorphcfg.xml to chargenmorphcfg(2).xml or replace existing one.

Chargen compiler will not recognize chargenmorphcfg(2).xml so it wont be merged.

To properly merge 2 files make sure one chargenmorphcfg.xml is in override and one chargenmorphcfg.xml is in override/subfolder before you compile. Also make sure they are both named chargenmorphcfg.xml

You cant really organize files in any way other then put files from one mod to one subfolder and files from another mod to another subfolder.

To help you what is what: files that end wtih

.mor .mop - are faces

.mmh .msh .mao .phy - are models (armor, weapon, hair...)

.dds - are textures (skins, colors, tattoos ...)

.erf - are packages that contain some of the above files.

Make sure you organize mods when you install them.

Okay one more thing, off subject. The open console command is by default ` or ~. Now I went into the keybinds in game, and changed my quickbar slot one to be ` and ~ as secondary, and went into the .ini file in documents under keybinds, to change the open console to Ctrl + X, so it looks like this,

Screenshot_1=(UNASSIGNED)

OpenConsole_0=Ctrl + Keyboard::Button_X

OpenConsole_1=Ctrl + Keyboard::Button_X

HideMainInterface_0=Keyboard::Button_V

But in game the ` key still opens the console. :( What am I doing wrong?