[LE] Merging an old version of a mod and a new version

As the title implies, I have an old version of a mod that I have put a bit of work into adding additional cells into.

Some weeks ago the mod creator added a new version on the mod and I find myself at odds because I wish to have the new assets/cells they created....

...but when I did a merge plugin it had created a ton of duplicate forms and cells that are independently used by each version.

So, I cannot seem to simply delete the duplicates without potentially damaging my cells or the newly created cells.

Would anyone have a suggestion on how to go about resolving this issue? I have been scouring the forums but am having no luck finding anything quite like this.

Thank you in advance!

• 4 weeks later...

That can be messy to fix. IMO, the best thing to do is try to copy out your changes to the old mod into a new esp. Once you have your changes separated into an independent file, you can use that with the new version of the mod - or even merge them, if you want.

That seems like it could work, I suppose the only issue i ran in to was that the assets were duplicating and unfortunately i was unable to figure out how to delete the Duplicates/Originals without losing asset placement.

Lesson learned here haha, I just ended up importing the new plugins assets and it worked out as a decent compromise.

Thanks very much for your time and input DarkRudra